Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss No earth what form ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

the pict

-
Mentor
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I was called to a tripping issue, turns out the diswasher is knacked, any way befrore I condemned the appliance I did a measured Zs on the kitchen RFC big X and a reading that at first look I thought "bugger" meter is playing up, different RFC same result, hauled out the usuall stuff from the meter cupboard and saw 60A cut out as old as me, no earth at all but a bonding conductor that went christ knows where, so I contact Hydro and they sort it in jig time, I get a phone call to say connect up the earthing conductor, so thats all done, but I know it's not a MWC or an EICR but a EIC seems one hellava lot of writing for what I did, ok I took a Zs on all the RFC's and a couple of lighting circuits, but I can't help feeling that this is one of those situations we could do with a limited work cert, yeah, I know I know that there is too much paperwork and forms as it is, but surely an EIC is a bit long winded in some cases

Pict

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
D

Deleted member 26818

Sounds like an alteration to an existing circuit to me.

the pict

-
Mentor
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I connected a length of 16mm earth cable, as they supplied a new cut out, not a lot I know but on a eicr it's a C1, so a major departure, and as I haved resolved it I feel obligated to certify it, I will run it past the NICEIC, due a visit soon any way
Pict

O

oldtimer

I found a problem like this they said does it have an RCD and I said yes they said well we will put it on our to do list ones your letting agent tells us to sort it

E

Edd

I found a problem like this they said does it have an RCD and I said yes they said well we will put it on our to do list ones your letting agent tells us to sort it
Dont let E54 hear this he will think your lieing he knew people in the DNO...

Reply to No earth what form ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom