Discuss No earth what form ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
I was called to a tripping issue, turns out the diswasher is knacked, any way befrore I condemned the appliance I did a measured Zs on the kitchen RFC big X and a reading that at first look I thought "bugger" meter is playing up, different RFC same result, hauled out the usuall stuff from the meter cupboard and saw 60A cut out as old as me, no earth at all but a bonding conductor that went christ knows where, so I contact Hydro and they sort it in jig time, I get a phone call to say connect up the earthing conductor, so thats all done, but I know it's not a MWC or an EICR but a EIC seems one hellava lot of writing for what I did, ok I took a Zs on all the RFC's and a couple of lighting circuits, but I can't help feeling that this is one of those situations we could do with a limited work cert, yeah, I know I know that there is too much paperwork and forms as it is, but surely an EIC is a bit long winded in some cases

Pict

I connected a length of 16mm earth cable, as they supplied a new cut out, not a lot I know but on a eicr it's a C1, so a major departure, and as I haved resolved it I feel obligated to certify it, I will run it past the NICEIC, due a visit soon any way
Pict

I found a problem like this they said does it have an RCD and I said yes they said well we will put it on our to do list ones your letting agent tells us to sort it

I found a problem like this they said does it have an RCD and I said yes they said well we will put it on our to do list ones your letting agent tells us to sort it

Dont let E54 hear this he will think your lieing he knew people in the DNO...

Reply to No earth what form ?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock