Discuss No L-L end to end on ring main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone hopefully someone can shed some light.

I'm doing an inspection and test and upon testing my end to end for the live on a ring main I've found there is no end to end on the live. I've tested at sample socket and at the board. I got an r1 + r2 when interconnecting my lives and cpcs and a Zs. Just want to make I'm not missing something obvious. It's not my test kit as I've already tested two other ring mains

Thanks in advance

Did you originally test for continuity in a different place that you tested your figure of 8 test? If yes then the fault was where you 8’d, if no then you need to break it down as Sparkychick suggested.

Think about it, its a ring final so you will get an R1/R2 value and an internal loop impedance

I'm doing an inspection and test and upon testing my end to end for the live on a ring main I've found there is no end to end on the live. I've tested at sample socket and at the board. I got an r1 + r2 when interconnecting my lives and cpcs and a Zs. Just want to make I'm not missing something obvious. It's not my test kit as I've already tested two other ring mains
are you in training ?on site guide will give you that information or guide note 3.

Aye up @sparksburnout is back!
How many bans can one member get?
Just a joke - I know you’ve been a good boy and just lurked, biting your fist at certain times!
I've only been banned twice actually. nowt much changes though! I thought people doing I&T were supposed to be of a certain sort of experience level? Just saying.

QUOTE="Rpa07, post: 1486832, member: 66332"]Aye up @sparksburnout is back!
How many bans can one member get[/QUOTE]
th
he has more bans then football player .:D

Reply to No L-L end to end on ring main in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net