Discuss No main bonding EICR code?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Snapester

Hi guys, i did a EICR on a property which i found to have no gas bonding or water bonding? I listed this as a C2 but is this over the top considering it has been fine for 25+ years and there are plenty of properties around which are still in this condition?
Also backboxes were no existing and were basically wood which i would have classed as C3?
Also no earthing on lighting circuits but this i would say C3 and labelling saying no metallic fixtures to be installed?

Can you offer some advice on what you would have listed these as, as the installation was in pretty good condition?

Cheers

I did mention that lighting circuits would be better being rewired as they are dated but if the customer just wants to know if they are safe for continued use, as long as correct labelling is in situe.

Yeah I know I'm making a bit of a jump with a rewire. I'm just making the assumption that new con unit req'd etc.

Not liking the wooden (flammable) switch enclosures though.

Your eicr looks ok just give to customer collect your money it's up to them we're they take it you've highlighted all problems ball in there court I'm sure you'll pick some work up from it

If the non compliances you found were installed correctly to a previous version of the regs they are all C3 (within reason) according to ELECSA. Even so I'd grade no bonding and wooden enclosures as a C2

Hi guys, i did a EICR on a property which i found to have no gas bonding or water bonding? I listed this as a C2 but is this over the top considering it has been fine for 25+ years and there are plenty of properties around which are still in this condition?
Also backboxes were no existing and were basically wood which i would have classed as C3?
Also no earthing on lighting circuits but this i would say C3 and labelling saying no metallic fixtures to be installed?

Can you offer some advice on what you would have listed these as, as the installation was in pretty good condition?

Cheers

C2 for the bonding and basically the same as you have stated in the others ,not over the top the amount of times you here its been working ok for the past 20 years , dont foget the bond to services is to stop potential fault from the outside of the installation not the inside hence the reason its installed at the intake , how many properties do you see that are playing a game of russian rulette with the electricals

Cheers

The number of times we hear that when we point out a dangerous install.... One word... Seatbelt. (apologies if that's 2)

Reply to No main bonding EICR code?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock