Discuss No parking onsite ................ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

So I'm doing an EICR on a flat tomorrow and I've just found out that the only local parking is a busy multi story commuter car park.

So this mean being really organised with what I take, as the walk is a good few minutes each way and I've no control over where I can park!

So I'm thinking of ditching my main tool bag and just carrying my normal hand tools plus

MFT
note book and draft cert
short ladder
dust sheet
wander lead
earth clamp meter

what have I forgotten?

Thanks...

Have you got a little wheeled trolley/box? I found them useful for working in city centres when parking is not close by.. something like this... can put lots of bits in there and then carry ladder, can use bungee cords to tie bits to it if needed.
upload_2018-4-12_21-35-12.png

You also forgot your flask... got to factor a tea break into the quote...

I have a bag for EICR/fault finding/CU swaps and it contains:
MFT with all leads and gubbins etc
Fluke T5 voltage indicator/multimeter
EL clamp meter
Wander lead
R2 plug adapter
Check plug
Shorted plug
Test links
Screwdriver set inc slot, Pz, Sl/Pz, and 3mm hex.
Pliers set inc diagonal cutters, long nose, pliers.
Croppers
Knife
Lock offs and padlocks
Labels
Batteries
Utility keys
Fuses

Is there not somewhere nearby privately where you can ask to park, my last problem was in the middle of town but there was a car wash opposite, gave them a fiver and they also kept an eye on the van for me, they wanted to clean it but I didn't want to leave them the keys!:) I tend to just bang on doors and try to blag a driveway.

OMG! I can't believe you don't use "overshoes"!
Come on, 100 pairs of blue polythene shoe covers for about £3!
Sets the scene, right?
Caring man...
mains testing screwdriver...
shows you mean business!
Pack of 3...
just in case you get the business!
and a proper set of test leads

So I'm doing an EICR on a flat tomorrow and I've just found out that the only local parking is a busy multi story commuter car park.

So this mean being really organised with what I take, as the walk is a good few minutes each way and I've no control over where I can park!

So I'm thinking of ditching my main tool bag and just carrying my normal hand tools plus

MFT
note book and draft cert
short ladder
dust sheet
wander lead
earth clamp meter

what have I forgotten?

Thanks...
Voltage indicator
Proving unit
Lock off kit
Steps

I tend to just bang on doors and try to blag a driveway.
Jeez! you must have the looks of a runway model or charm of 007...or his Berretta. People in the South East are usually more likely to set a face-rippin' dawg on yer.

As to the OP; Aldi or Lidl do a wheeled tool bag / back pack. dead handy and only about £25 compared to the Fatmax at £60

shoe covers,
spare pens,
plug in socket tester,
radio,
mobile phone (for camera),
extra cost for annoying parking!

OMG! I can't believe you don't use "overshoes"!
Come on, 100 pairs of blue polythene shoe covers for about £3!
Sets the scene, right?
Caring man...
mains testing screwdriver...
shows you mean business!
Pack of 3...
just in case you get the business!
and a proper set of test leads
Mains testing screwdriver ? Probably the very worst and most dangerous tool in your kit. I'd rather eat a worm sandwich.

Reply to No parking onsite ................ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net