Discuss No question Just stupid practices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Many, Many Moons, ago back in time, I worked for the SWEB, started off doing small jobs, a plug here a water heater there, now that was a farce get given a piece of paper with a job number, go to stores get a carrier bag with all that some numpty Surveyor decided this was what you needed to get the job done. wrong totally, had a rant.
Got shifted to new builds, arrived on site nice bloke, but sadly lacking in common sense, or maybe the bosses were, loads of flats all the same, second fixing, easy or so it would seen, not on your life, rather than give you a flats worth of accessories the logical approach, but when did Electric Boards understand logic? no manager would give you as an example a box of pull cords for lighting circuits and you needed to navigate mud and all sorts of carp to go to each flat and fit 1 pull cord in the Bathroom, follow on with, say batten holders, then sockets you get the drift? bit of a rant at the stupidity, handed in my notice rather than get the Spanish Archer, EL BOW

Know what you mean Pete, I served my time with SSEB lots of stupidity, haven't looked back since I left. To be fair though I did get excellent training.

Reply to No question Just stupid practices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

E
As I lack practical experience and recently failed to impress NICEIC into Registering me, I thought I could build my own test rig then test the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi BiggsSolar I have read many of your posts and you come across as a professional person who wants to do the right thing, both for your...
Replies
Views
rt1200
R
R
Well almost! Hi all, I am new to the forum (excellent by the way) and this is my first post so be gentle. It is long so please excuse that but I...
Replies
Views
desertbootz
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock