Discuss No solar/ Who's Going into *WIND* in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

dpelec

Just wondered if any one on here is going for mcs accreditation for wind turbines.As the fit rate seems more favourable over pv.

I was wondering what to do next myself. i just scrapped back the money it cost me starting the PV also the stress getting my MCS in time and getting the 43p for the two customers i had at the time. a plumber i know is going on the ground and air source heat pumps course this week(got it free) .

one other thing is i lost my QMS about 6 months ago also the backup, havent even bothered to put it back together just dont think its worth it, trouble is i spent so much time getting MCS i dont want to let it go as you never know and im sure its easy to bolt on another technology, but its another £600 i havent got on top of my £400 for NICEIC.

was also thinking of the electric car charging.

this green stuff aint going away soon but can believe how hard it is to get into.

Cheers
Grand

Like a lot of the renewables, there just doesn't seem enough demand out there.

As a potential customer, I've been repeatedly given the impression that wind doesn't work well on land - not even where I live in East Anglia; windmill country - there are several former windmills within a few miles of me (now mostly used for residential).
But I've also been told by many that solar is a gimmick too, so there may be a lot of misinformation out there.

There's a gizmo on the MCS site that tells you from your postcode whether wind will be a worthwhile investment for you. Nowhere round my neck of the woods is worth it but then again, in Geordieland the sun always shines:)

As a potential customer, I've been repeatedly given the impression that wind doesn't work well on land - not even where I live in East Anglia; windmill country.

Location, Location, Location.... , i've done a couple on east coast of kent. and gross payback was ridiculously quick much better than solar... Not for the feint hearted though. Maintenance will be much higher. Planning permission will take ages, and potentially dead money, and you have the same problems with DNO etc.

I'd love to go into wind, but there is just not enough demand for it to make it worthwhile, you end up chasing dead ends all over the country.

There's a gizmo on the MCS site that tells you from your postcode whether wind will be a worthwhile investment for you. Nowhere round my neck of the woods is worth it but then again, in Geordieland the sun always shines:)

No thats the just the perpetual glow of all the sun beds Trev.

Oi! that's Sunderland Wade. They're not Geordies mate:)

No solar/ Who's Going into *WIND* {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Geordie shore - MTV. I have seen less orange, oranges

Reply to No solar/ Who's Going into *WIND* in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock