Discuss Noise from fuse box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Right I’ve woke this morning to notice the immersion isn’t working. It had tripped in the box when I put the trip switch back to the on position there is a noise coming from the box itself sounds like a buzzing noise wouldn’t say it’s a loud crackling noise though. It’s stressing me out.

Attachments

• 61148462399__91D65FB0-C600-4FC4-8746-1AEECF1254C0.MOV
    986.1 KB
I can't hear it well enough on the clip you have uploaded but I would in any case get someone out to look at it.

In the meantime leave it switched off.

Under the current guidelines this sort of work is permitted.

Can’t open attachment but for the time being, switch it back off until it can be investigated properly

Can’t open attachment but for the time being, switch it back off until it can be investigated properly

I recently took the wire for the immersion out and ran 2 wire and earth2.5mm cable from the switch upstair into the loft for a double socket. I’m 90% sure it could be a bad wire but think I’ll keep it off and get someone to look at it.

Right I’ve woke this morning to notice the immersion isn’t working. It had tripped in the box when I put the trip switch back to the on position there is a noise coming from the box itself sounds like a buzzing noise wouldn’t say it’s a loud crackling noise though. It’s stressing me out.
What Ferg said

Your username doesn’t fill me with confidence on your skills.

if it was a bad connection where you worked, at the switch, that’s where the crackling would be.
the noise in the CU could be unrelated. Unless you worked in there too.

I've you've been messing about and now there's strange noises then you should definitely do no more and call someone in.

Bad wires indeed.

It's probably the OCPD being on the limit of it's capacity, nearly tripping but not quite, as folk have said switch it off and call a proficient/competent Electrician in to investigate the problem.

I've you've been messing about and now there's strange noises then you should definitely do no more and call someone in.

Bad wires indeed.

im getting that feeling professional help needed lol thought it would of been easy to do aswell. Think it may be because I wasn’t sure when I wires the plug there was two earth bits for eachsocket I just ran a wire from one the the other where the 3 core earth is wired. Someone is coming at 1/

Reply to Noise from fuse box in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock