Discuss Not a scam member??????????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sedgy34

Just found this on a building notice form (shropshire council)

DIY electrics + £180.00 + VAT on inspection charge for all above categories, where relevant except
10 and 11 (no additional charge) and Regularisations (+ £225 - no VAT) - DIY electrics means
electrics carried out by someone that is not a member of a recognised electrical body

A REWIRE IS £240+ VAT TO BE PASSED OFF

either way money is being made from authoritys, the installer is juggling cost to
1, get the job
2,get competitive prices for materials
3,break his balls to do the work in a time scale for it to pay

If and only if they are going to get Part P to actually work, these Councils and scam organisations need to invest a percentage of our hard earned annual fees and notification fees to employ inspectors with "teeth" to sort out all the cowboys.

like choose 10 inspectors from northern ireland to police english electrical work, scotland todo here and welsh to do scotland and england todo wales or any of the above..

random inspections, i shall run this if you all pay me 500 a year. and £20 everytime i highlight a monkey messin with electrics and put him out of buisness. im not dom littlewood i am the don of the electrical world, the one the normal hardworking spark worships

like choose 10 inspectors from northern ireland to police english electrical work, scotland todo here and welsh to do scotland and england todo wales or any of the above..

random inspections, i shall run this if you all pay me 500 a year. and £20 everytime i highlight a monkey messin with electrics and put him out of buisness. im not dom littlewood i am the don of the electrical world, the one the normal hardworking spark worships
How about we all club together to raise the £500 you want for the year ;)

DIY electrics and Part P; those two don't work together. I'm not P as on books so don't fully agree with it but it makes it hard for those who are to earn your crust. And I'm not going to start on Electrical Trainee. Should all 'competent persons' be badged and only those be allowed to buy, fit, test and submit building reg apps?

Reply to Not a scam member??????????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net