Discuss Not So Simple Timer Install Question(s) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cgray14u

DIY
Reaction score
So I am needing some assistance, and hope someone here can help me out. I will do my best to explain what I have and what I am wanting to do.

I have a water pump (to my well) which comes on when pressures in my holding tank reach a certain level, that is pretty simple. In addition to this, I have a chemical injector pump that is wired to the switch on the pressure tank, so that when it turns on the well pump, the chemical injector pump comes on at the same time. My issue is that when the irrigation system comes on (at night) I don't want the chemical injector pump to operate, as it is wasting product. I wanted to install a timer so that from say 11PM to 6AM the injector pump won't receive an electrical current. The problem is I am having trouble figuring out how to do this, as the pump doesn't receive a constant current, only that which is supplied when the well pump comes on, so not sure how to get a timer in line, which requires electrical supply to operate.

I am not an electrician, but figure there has to be a way to get some sort of in-line timer that will only allow this current from the well pump to the injector pump to pass through at certain times.

Any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated!

I have a suggestion, its not as simple as you might think.
give me 5 to sketch something.
[automerge]1570731467[/automerge]
Not So Simple Timer Install Question(s) well - EletriciansForums.net
[automerge]1570731696[/automerge]
If you do as you suggest, there is a possibility that if water is used overnight, late night bath etc. then untreated water could enter your holding tank and you increase the risk of all sorts of water bourne nastys.
in the diagram above, the well pump will run if either the irrigation system is drawing water or the house is drawing water.
but only if the house is drawing water will the chemical additions be added.

you might have to talk to the local authorities about what you are suggesting as I am not from round your way but as an engineering solution to the problem it looks ok to me.

Last edited:

Reply to Not So Simple Timer Install Question(s) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock