Discuss Note on Cert to contact DNO to renew cutout, AIBU? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Simple enough job, three additional DSOs in existing ring to avoid the use of extensions and multi plugs.

First things first quick Zs on socket, 0.31 Ohmos, lovely....

...Check cut out and main fuse,
20181112_125156.jpg
IS there anyone on this forum who was alive when this was installed?

No tingle using the lick test but it looks a bit iffy.

Everything tested fine and job completed but as title, would you make a note on the EIC contact DNO to have this reviewed/renewed.

Also those fuse holders state 60Amps which is some going considering the load on the single phase in use.

Some other interesting bits.

20181112_125130.jpg
Did not touch but would hope they're dead20181112_125045.jpg
Hope this is no longer in use, water main in state of collapse.
20181112_125121.jpg

Looks like a dozen properties i know,in the Chorlton area of Manchester. Is that water a single feed to the dwelling? Some run through the cellars,with spurs off,to each property.

As each property gets its own independent feed,from the exterior,usually under a lead replacement scheme,there are a load of dead legs left,and a live,snakey lead pipe,loitering around the electrical intake.

Be very careful,manipulating that pipe,if it is a communal supply...the stop tap is usually at the end of the row of properties,under 4" of tarmac :eek:

Only a bit of fun,but a 2" communal supply,takes from 9am to 11.45am,to get the front cellar on an average early 1900's semi,up to almost front garden level....

Looks like a dozen properties i know,in the Chorlton area of Manchester. Is that water a single feed to the dwelling? Some run through the cellars,with spurs off,to each property.

As each property gets its own independent feed,from the exterior,usually under a lead replacement scheme,there are a load of dead legs left,and a live,snakey lead pipe,loitering around the electrical intake.

Be very careful,manipulating that pipe,if it is a communal supply...the stop tap is usually at the end of the row of properties,under 4" of tarmac :eek:

Only a bit of fun,but a 2" communal supply,takes from 9am to 11.45am,to get the front cellar on an average early 1900's semi,up to almost front garden level....

It's running front to back so I'd guess at single supply but to be honest I didn't even want to look at it the wrong way, talking about it behind it's back is risky.

....and how long does it take to empty the front cellar on an average early 1900's semi?

It's running front to back so I'd guess at single supply but to be honest I didn't even want to look at it the wrong way, talking about it behind it's back is risky.

....and how long does it take to empty the front cellar on an average early 1900's semi?

40 minutes frantic clamping

4 hours pumping

8 hours cleaning

2 weeks drying

8 weeks of apologising....(and not by me,before you ask:rolleyes:)

Reply to Note on Cert to contact DNO to renew cutout, AIBU? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net