Discuss Notifiable work advice in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mikparkes

I am just starting to do electrical work after doing home learning course about a year ago.
I have my EAL domestic installers LVL 2, 17th edition regs 2382 and Fundamentals of testing and inspection 2392.
I have been doing a few small none notifiable jobs through rated people but find it very limiting to the work i can take.
I would like to do some notifiable work and join a competent persons scheme and here is my dilemma.

To join a competent person scheme I need to have notifiable work assessed.
To do notifiable work I have to pay the council LABC £150 and pay someone with 2391 to inspect it. Wouldn't this push the price of any work
I do to high for anyone to employ me?
Also from what can see an assessment requires a full rewire which I would rather avoid as I work on my own.

Any advice would be appreciated as i have already turned down notifiable work as the cost would be to much too the customers if I were to do it legally.

Most schemes will let you do the work then notify it afterwards with them. You don't need a full rewire. You need one major and one minor works which could be a ring final circuit and a simple lighting circuit.

as above. elecsa seem to be the best scheme as regards getting work assessed, the notifying once a member.

Elecsa took me after assesing a simple new circuit to a couple of outside sockets. The Assesor said it was on the minimum side but was ok.

I am just starting to do electrical work after doing home learning course about a year ago.
I have my EAL domestic installers LVL 2, 17th edition regs 2382 and Fundamentals of testing and inspection 2392.
I have been doing a few small none notifiable jobs through rated people but find it very limiting to the work i can take.
I would like to do some notifiable work and join a competent persons scheme and here is my dilemma.

To join a competent person scheme I need to have notifiable work assessed.
To do notifiable work I have to pay the council LABC £150 and pay someone with 2391 to inspect it. Wouldn't this push the price of any work
I do to high for anyone to employ me?
Also from what can see an assessment requires a full rewire which I would rather avoid as I work on my own.

Any advice would be appreciated as i have already turned down notifiable work as the cost would be to much too the customers if I were to do it legally.

Call Elecsa, they like to see one "major" job and one "minor" job -

for major think new circuit, replace CU, extension wiring

for minor think spur off ring, outside light, etc

And remember, notification must be done within 30 days of the job being complete, so if you're clever you can book your assessment, get the job(s) done, get assessed, allow 10 days for the OK to come through) and notify.

Good luck

Reply to Notifiable work advice in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock