Discuss Notifiable work (or not!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

robd

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all, just a quick one....had our NIC visit yesterday and was informed that kitchens and gardens no longer come under notifiable work for location alone, am sure most of you do already know this but it was news to me. Checked back over the year and we didn't notify anything unnecessarily, as luck would have it.

This amazes me, surely anyone with an interest in their Trade should be checking the various magazines/ web sites at least occasionally to see the latest Statutory duties?

Part P changes were widely promoted both before and after their introduction, anyone in the Trade must have heard about it - NICEIC send out regular news update emails to their customers dont they? I know NAPIT/ELECSA/ECA do, so really, there is no excuse to not know such basic things as this.
And as above, you should have failed your assessment as you have not got the current Part P document. (albeit they allow you a week or so to get it to get your pass.)

I just find this and a lot of other basic things half the problem here, why are people missing the basics? I just don't get it. Ok some things that are obscure etc might be missed but things like this is inexcusable really as every job you do it should at least cross your mind as to if it's notifiable or not? The new thinner part p document has been so widely talked about too.

Yes we do have it, he went through the changes and was surprised the last inspector hadn't gone through it. I think last year we completed around 15 notifiable jobs as the bulk of the work we do is maintenance and new build site work, guess I had seen it mentioned but didn't pick up on it-my bad. Now I know!

Reply to Notifiable work (or not!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net