Discuss notifiable work?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

a.e.s

I want to upgrade my parents gas and water bonding from a 6mm to a 10mm, I take it because I am changing the charecteristics of the installation this is notifiable work. It s just that I wouldnt mind using this as one of my jobs if I ever get round to trying for the NICEIC. If I do get LABC involved how much does it cost, is it a set fee per job or does it vary on the hours worked, because i would also like to do a fuse board change on the rented house I am currently living in( subject to the landlord giving me the ok). Does anybody know roughly what sort of costs I am looking at??.

Really, that is surprising!! So that with a board change in another house would be ok for a NICEIC inspection would it?? Also (sorry to be a pain) the house that I want to upgrade the bonding in is a 16th edition board, I take it that because I am only doing the bonding I wont have to fit dual R.C.D/R.C.B.Os, and the only tests that I will be expected to do are ZE, P.F.C and R.C.D. Thanks in advance.

If your upping the bonding purely for an assesment job I really wouldn't bother. The board change will have more clout with an assesor, also you could change or add a socket as a minor works. As far as labc. Save your money and do the board change close to the assesment date. Then when you pass and of course you will ;) You can notify using your scheme provider.:)

This is a usefull link http://www.the50plus.co.uk/tech_support/Part_P_Guide.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as labc. Save your money and do the board change close to the assesment date. Then when you pass and of course you will ;) You can notify using your scheme provider.:)[/QUOTE]

I am all for doing that, but I have heard that the NIC can pull you up on this, even though it is rare I dont want to risk it and fail an assessment because of it.

Could I do my two jobs in one property, say for instance do the board change in my rented house and add a couple of smoke detectors in the hallway/ landing? or do they have to be completely different jobs??

I am yet to come across anyone who has been pulled up as you say. The advice came from the horses mouth, when I phoned for a young lad who was a bag of nerves about sorting his assesment. You can check with the nic yourself if you want to confirm this. Remember you have a month to notify;)

The niceic are a good bunch they are there to help not catch you out, don't worry:);)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great, thanks so much for your replies. I must of been making that up about people being pulled up on it:eek: I was sure I had read it on here:)

I am with elecsa and they only want to see 1 job, but if I were you I would just give them a call and ask if how many and whether or not you can show them a CU change that has not been registered, they might say yes. I think the main thing with the assessment is that you know what you're on about, because they will know if you don't. Good luck.

I was assessed by NICEIC like everyone else they were not interested in the LABC side and at worst they will not fail you because you did not notify

Good luck

Chris

Agree with Johno and Acat, as Johno said its your level of competance that there interested in, check out this forum for experiances from others and you will find most were bricking before but wondering why they worried after the event. We have all been there. :);)

Reply to notifiable work?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net