Discuss Now what to do?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky83

Hi guys,

A friend of mine is currently doing an Inspection & Test of a meat processing factory. He has come across many problems while there but earlier today he found a DB that has no cover on at all and has no earth connected either!

What i want to know is what can he do now?? Is he well within his rights too disconnect it? or does it wait another 2 and a half weeks till he's finished the rest of the site before he gives over his findings?

Any help from you guys would be great!!

Cheers

Hmmmm now there is a problem.

I would say that he should shut it off and issue a danger cert as to why. Not that anyone would need it explaining to them.

Also depends what equipment its supplying.

Well i believe he said it was feed other DB's and the boilers and pumps for the place. Its a big 3 phase board.

I would agreen that it should be shut off but ideally it would be nice to have something statutory that says this is the thing to do. ecause he is concerned about looking like an awkward a**e hole as this will cause them problems running some machinary that needs hot water to them.

Its not anything statutory that says what to do, it is himself and a load of regs that can be referred to.

His 2391 should be enough to confirm his responsibilities with what he finds on PIR;s

Get your pal to write up what he has found ie dangerous situation and what steps they need to take and get them to sign a copy.If they then decide to do nothing about it the ball is in their court you have warned them and covered yourself

any immediately dangerous condition should preferably be rectified. if not the defect should be reported in writing without delay to the employer or responsible employee
( see regulation 3 of the elecricity at work regulatios 1989)

see page 77 guidance note 3

Reply to Now what to do?? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net