Discuss Number of C3,s on a EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Been asked to do remedials on a condition report.Its a large tile warehouse with several 36way boards and was given an unsatisfactory result.There were no C1,s,but and about 6 C2,s,which I have rectified(wrong size mcb,s,holes in enclosures,no cpc to light switch).There remain about 9 C3,s,mainly lack of cct schedules and db charts.Is the consensus that the the installation could be regarded as satisfactory as there are no C1,s or 2,s?I have my doubts.
Thanks for any replies,
SW

You are correct, a unsatisfactory report is one that contains ant C1 or C2 codes. If only C3 or no codes are present then the report is deemed to be satisfactory.

How are you going to satisfy the the customer to ensure that they are aware that you have done the remedials as requested and the report could be now satisfactory?

To my mind, it should be up to the client to decide which if any remedials are conducted.
If the client has asked only for the Code C2s to be rectified, then that is what you do.
If they have asked for all to rectified, then you rectify all.

If another EICR was to be carried out then it should return a 'satisfactory' overall assessment of the installation.

Now what exactly is it you want to know?

I provided a mwc for all"C2" faults rectified as asked by the client.Just wondered how insurance companies view "C3",s left on a report.They are mainly lack of cct charts and schedules.
Regards,SW

I provided a mwc for all"C2" faults rectified as asked by the client.Just wondered how insurance companies view "C3",s left on a report.They are mainly lack of cct charts and schedules.
Regards,SW

That is a conversation for your client to have with their insurance provider. Then the client can instruct you appropriately.

Reply to Number of C3,s on a EICR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock