Discuss Number of Conduits run and number of circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I am in estimation and often estimate conduits run in the drawings. My clarity about number of conduits run is not good.
I want to know that in multiple circuits zone, how we calculate number of conduits run to the panel.
For example. If i run conduits from Ckt A-1 to ckt A-2, i need Two number of conduits. Then from Ckt A-2 to ckt A-3 i need Three runs of conduit and when i run from ckt A-3 to panel altogether, conduits will be 4. But i really cant figure it out for more than 4 circuits run to panel. And what is the relation between number of conduits and multiple circuits.

I am in estimation and often estimate conduits run in the drawings. My clarity about number of conduits run is not good.
I want to know that in multiple circuits zone, how we calculate number of conduits run to the panel.
For example. If i run conduits from Ckt A-1 to ckt A-2, i need Two number of conduits. Then from Ckt A-2 to ckt A-3 i need Three runs of conduit and when i run from ckt A-3 to panel altogether, conduits will be 4. But i really cant figure it out for more than 4 circuits run to panel. And what is the relation between number of conduits and multiple circuits.
Yassima it you are pulling singles then what you have to know how many wires do you need from a1-a2 and etc. then you can size your conduit accordingly if you are pulling cables you have to double the conduit size

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @yazirnaeem is this applicable to Canadian installations, if so we have a Canadian forum I can move this to.

@westward10 it is general query. I dont think so its applicable to any country specific standards.
[automerge]1567015522[/automerge]
@Megawatt i am running singles but would like to join different circuits at box and want to take it together to the panel. Size of conduit is ok for me, but i am confused due to number of conduit runs.

Last edited:
@westward10 it is general query. I dont think so its applicable to any country specific standards.
@Megawatt i am running singles but would like to join different circuits at box and want to take it together to the panel. Size of conduit is ok for me, but i am confused due to number of conduit runs.
Are the singles you are pulling for controls, motors, analog circuits or all of the above. I going to guess that you have some Cat-5 cable also
[automerge]1567019002[/automerge]
Are the singles you are pulling for controls, motors, analog circuits or all of the above. I going to guess that you have some Cat-5 cable also
Go to NEC then go to informational annex C table C8 chapter 9 you need to know how many wires you need before you even start worrying about the conduit. Don’t look at the big pitcher just take it 1 conduit at a time and what size you will need

Last edited:
a general rule is that the cables should not take up too much of the space in the conduit to allow for heat dissipation. this may help:

Taxi since you are just estimating you must have a drawing to go by, does it have what size pipe, what size wire, what devices you are estimating and the part that confuses me that your pipe is your biggest concern. I used to be a project manager/ estimated. Do you have pitchers of just the part with the conduits. Nobody is going to be able to help you without more information.

Taxi since you are just estimating you must have a drawing to go by, does it have what size pipe, what size wire, what devices you are estimating and the part that confuses me that your pipe is your biggest concern. I used to be a project manager/ estimated. Do you have pitchers of just the part with the conduits. Nobody is going to be able to help you without more information.
Is that another American electrical term?...or are we talking baseball or big jugs.
By the way, 'Big Jugs' in our english come in pairs.;)

Is that another American electrical term?...or are we talking baseball or big jugs.
By the way, 'Big Jugs' in our english come in pairs.;)
Where I live in the states and I know the way we all spell things or say something that is different. Example Uk colur US color what’s so funny about pictures ?

Never heard the picture/pitcher one, M.
It's colour, by the way.

Where I live in the states and I know the way we all spell things or say something that is different. Example Uk colur US color what’s so funny about pictures ?

In your post it say pitcher rather than picture, is this an autocorrect issue or a UK/US thing?

In your post it say pitcher rather than picture, is this an autocorrect issue or a UK/US thing?
Dave I apologize as fast as I try to type I very well could have done that guys if I made anybody mad I’m sorry I guess I spelled it wrong
[automerge]1567122932[/automerge]
Yasi how many wires do you need for A1 to A2 which sounds like a cool if it is a cool just 2 wires
[automerge]1567123051[/automerge]
Dave I apologize as fast as I try to type I very well could have done that guys if I made anybody mad I’m sorry I guess I spelled it wrong
[automerge]1567122932[/automerge]

Yasi how many wires do you need for A1 to A2 which sounds like a cool if it is a cool just 2 wires
COIL NOT COOL-DAMN SPELL CHECKER

Last edited:
think the problem here is american auto spell check, OP says pictures and spell check, knowing the American obsession with baseball ( we call it rounders) changes it to pitchers. hope this clarifies the problem. apologies to megawatt for taking the pi$$ out of his national sport. :D:D:D.

think the problem here is american auto spell check, OP says pictures and spell check, knowing the American obsession with baseball ( we call it rounders) changes it to pitchers. hope this clarifies the problem. apologies to megawatt for taking the pi$$ out of his national sport. :D:D:D.
Sorry guys my fault, I need to proof read my reply’s. This happens a lot

Reply to Number of Conduits run and number of circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock