Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Number of sockets row in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

greekislandlover

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Don't know if I'm going mad, senile or just plain wrong on this, so looking for opinions.

At college we were taught that the number of sockets was calculated by counting each outlet point. IE, doubles and trebles still counted as one outlet point. Had a discussion with a colleague today on this issue, and he believes that doubles count as 2, trebles as 3.

Got out the OSG (brown one :eek:) and somewhere around page 150 (sorry - OSG lives in van so no reference to it right now) it states that doubles and multiples count as 1. Couldn't find any reference to this in GN3, and couldn't find any specific reference in the regs book (didn't try TOO hard I'm afraid!).

So out of interest, what do others think on this one?

Thanks!

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
S

Spudmiester

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We were always taught the same. Double socket counts as 1 outlet.

Infact we were tought that a light switch counts as an outlet !

W

wayne

as spud ,when i'm doing the count up for the certs i treat doubles as one. think in terms of accessories ,with a double you still only have one set of terminals
i could be wrong

C

Cirrus

I used to treat doubles as 2 for certs but was told that is wrong so now count em as 1

S

sparkyork

oooops ive always put 2 down for a double socket! how longs it been classed as 1?

rich

S

Shakey

oooops ive always put 2 down for a double socket! how longs it been classed as 1?

rich
erm... always I think Rich:p

Appendix 8 in the OSG deals with this, and i am pretty sure its in the 17th as well

C

Cirrus

So for the avoidance of doubt, a twin socket, fused spur, single socket are all treated as 1 point for cert purposes?

G

greekislandlover

Thanks for the official clarification Shakey - I can go and beat my colleague to a bloody pulp with his regs book now :)

W

wayne

hey,
with it being red the blood wont show!

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Number of sockets row in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom