Discuss NVQ 2357 Diploma- struggling with practical side in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

Virtus Lucem

Completed my City & Guilds 2330 17th edition in 01/09/2011 and have now joined the 2357 NVQ Diploma framework to become fully qualified. Paid by the government due to the changes of the qualification system. I'm currently working for a free lance approved electrical contractor. Although he is knowledgeable, more often than not I'm finding myself working alone on jobs that are mismanaged or have no supervisor and not enough materials. Basically not a great learning environment.

I really want to find work elsewhere but Im worried about losing funding of my apprenticeship as you need to be employed by a qualified sparks who has necessary health & safety and public liability insurance.

Any advice? PLEASE HELP!

If you have allready completed your 2330 there is not much point in doing the 2357 as this covers must things allready covered but doesnt have the stand alone NVQ 2356. Proving you have level 3 2330 id look at 2356 Stand alone NVQ. This will save you shed loads of time providing you are in the trade and have been for some time

Who advised you to start 2357??

The business skills advisor of the college recommended it. I have to do one additional unit 302 environmental unit from september to christmas, then just the practical NVQ stuff and the AM2. So all I'm doing is one evening a week unit 302 then having NVQ assessor come out to assess my work. What do you think?

Virtus you have not completed an NVQ level 3 right? You have just completed the 2330 level 3 technical certificates.

I think you are on the right path, completing your NVQ in the 2357, just one extra unit and you complete the 2357 sounds good.

The most difficult part of getting fully qualified is finding a job to complete the NVQ 3 course. You have the job, I would not let that go. Just struggle on and complete it, it might not be ideal, but perhaps you will learn more by having to do it yourself. Tell your employer if you are unsure about something, remember everyone makes also mistakes and you only learn from experience. Ask around, read-up on here, do some research on jobs.

Ultimately, you are on the right path, many people would love to be in your boots, struggle on and complete it.

Yeah you're right. quite a few of my friends have been saying the same thing about sticking with it. My girlfriend brought up a good point, all I seem to to do is work and think about work. So I need to find time to unwind and hang out with friends. As currently I leave for work at 5:30 am Brighton to London and don't get home until 6:00pm knackered, eat dinner, watch bit of crap on TV then bed.

Although he is knowledgeable, more often than not I'm finding myself working alone on jobs that are mismanaged or have no supervisor and not enough materials. Basically not a great learning environment.

I really want to find work elsewhere but Im worried about losing funding of my apprenticeship as you need to be employed by a qualified sparks who has necessary health & safety and public liability insurance.

Any advice? PLEASE HELP!

Would advise you to stick with it, however, your assessor will not be impressed if you are working on your own, you should really be working under supervision as an apprentice. Regarding work exp and NVQ, some of the practical can be simulated in the colllege so you need to speak with your college and assessor about this and see what can be undertaken at college.

All the best and stick with it...

Reply to NVQ 2357 Diploma- struggling with practical side in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net