Discuss NVQ 3 - Advice please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

matt1386

-
Arms
Reaction score
Basically should I grab the 2356 NVQ 3 now while its still available ?

Im currently only a month into my 2365 level 2 at college, and need 2 years on site experience to be able to start my 2356 NVQ

I currently have 9 months on site experience, so would be looking at starting the NVQ in 2015, I would then have until December 2016 to complete

But I can pay the registration fee now to make sure I get on before its stopped in December

The other option is to wait, and then take the 2357 NVQ, but from what I have read, you have to be in full time employment to be able to do this, where as the 2356 you can do voluntary work to complete your portfolio

Any advice guys ?

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
Im not sure how the education system works anymore, so as far as the 2357 requiring permenant employment, im not sure.

However, i would suggest you pay up now for the course. It is a necessity, and you wont be graded as an electrician by the JIB without the NVQ Level 3. Lots of employers are looking for it aswell, so if you can manage to get it under your belt you are massively ahead of half the current crop of 'electricians'.

best of luck - the NVQ Level 3 is quite demanding to be fair, lots of hours need to be put in to achieve it, but it's well worth it and it's a qualification that is industry recognised from the scams to the employers. Grab it whilst you can.

Cheers Mark, ill get my registration fee paid for then

Ive got to have 2 years on site experience before they will let me start the course so I wont be able to start it until beginning of 2015 as ive currently only got around 9 months experience, but I have until the end of 2016 to complete

Thanks for the advice

Matt

I did my NVQ level 3 off my own bat, and nobody checked how long i had been working on sites. Or is that a requirement of your local college? If so, then that's fair enough.

If you can afford it though i'd definitley get it paid off if i was you mate. it's definitley worth it. Hard work, but 100% worth it.

Hi I am currently doing my 2356 NVQ3 with XS Training someone on here told me that the last Certification date for the 2356 is DEC 2015 so I would jump on it now if you can you can also pay it in Monthly Installments if you want but it would cost 750 instead of 550 upfront

but with the 2356 you wouldn't need to do the AM2 to get a Gold Card

I did my NVQ level 3 off my own bat, and nobody checked how long i had been working on sites. Or is that a requirement of your local college? If so, then that's fair enough.

If you can afford it though i'd definitley get it paid off if i was you mate. it's definitley worth it. Hard work, but 100% worth it.

Hiya Mark, it was just xs training, the company I am planning to go with said I should have 2 years on site experience before starting it, and if I dont they would have to do site visits which they told me would cost a fortune

Ill definately be doing it though mate, I was just a bit confused as to whether I should jump on the 2356 now while its still available or if I should be doing the 2357

Cheers

Matt

My site visits didn't cost anything - they were part of the NVQ package.

Time's have probably changed though, everything seems to cost extra these days.

Reply to NVQ 3 - Advice please in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net