Discuss NVQ 3 / AM2 part of 2357. - Cost? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

torrens75

Guys, need your help!

Currently finishing my 2330 lvl 3 @ night school and am fully aware that I am not an electrician yet, theory wise im great lol!

Question is what should I do regards my NVQ3, which obviously I would like in a year or so when I am competent and deserve the Gold Card?

1. Register by 31/1/13 for a NVQ3 with Delta, Xs etc etc. or
2. Continue with my college and register for the "2357" ( obviously transferring my l2 & l3 2330 into it) and complete the NVQ3/AM2 that way?

College cant/wont give me any idea of cost at the moment.

What I dont want to do is miss the last registration date & package deal of around £700 all in ( wouldnt need onsite assesments apparently as have 2 years + experience), then find out the local college want £1000+ to do it through them.

Any help appreciated.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
i registered with xs training last month i too was panicking as i didnt want to go back to college for another 3 years to do the new 2357 diploma, now i believe it has been extended again til the end of this month, i paid £550+ (£660) i think you may have to pay an additional £100 on top of this figure for them to register you with c&g, i have an assessor now with them called tom harvey who is always there on call whenever i need help day and night.

1 )sounds good but they will take your money not even check if u can even compete it with the work u are doing 2) college will interview and check if u can finish it but its all down to u,

1 )sounds good but they will take your money not even check if u can even compete it with the work u are doing 2) college will interview and check if u can finish it but its all down to u,

true, but i would say its down to the person to ensure they are capable of finishing it, i know alot of people are going to panick and register anyway then find out they have just wasted there money because they dont have enough experience and knowledge in gathering the right information to finish the nvq, i would advice anybody to have a chat on the phone with the service providers for the nvq level 3 2356 before you decide to part with your money as they are willing to take your money from you but it is down to you to make sure you can do it as they are only taking your word for it.

true, but i would say its down to the person to ensure they are capable of finishing it, i know alot of people are going to panick and register anyway then find out they have just wasted there money because they dont have enough experience and knowledge in gathering the right information to finish the nvq, i would advice anybody to have a chat on the phone with the service providers for the nvq level 3 2356 before you decide to part with your money as they are willing to take your money from you but it is down to you to make sure you can do it as they are only taking your word for it.

If i cant gather the evidence over 3 full years then im obviously doing something wrong, surely 3 years is enough for anyone to gain the varied areas that fulfil the requirements of the units, no?

gathering evidence is fine, i know of 2 sparks who dropped out of the 2356 because they couldnt understand what the questions was wanting them to do!, some people can just stare at the screen and even getting advice still cannot grasp what to do. (one of the sparks in question i would admit to say it is a better spark than me when it comes to hands on but when it comes to written work he just cant do it and what is annoying about that is he will always be a trainee electrician in the eyes of the jib and when i complete mine i will become approved even though i admit he is a better spark then me)

gathering evidence is fine, i know of 2 sparks who dropped out of the 2356 because they couldnt understand what the questions was wanting them to do!, some people can just stare at the screen and even getting advice still cannot grasp what to do. (one of the sparks in question i would admit to say it is a better spark than me when it comes to hands on but when it comes to written work he just cant do it and what is annoying about that is he will always be a trainee electrician in the eyes of the jib and when i complete mine i will become approved even though i admit he is a better spark then me)

Im fine with the academic side of things. The only thing that might be a problem is that when my current job finishes I will have to enter the world of subbing again as a mate or improver. Done it between 2008-2010, but then needed to find a more permanent job, which I have been doing since them, good job in civil engineering, but unfortunately no future unless i spend years working away as highways go where there are needed and new roads dont pop up locally every few months lol!

But I would rather register now and have 3 years, than go through the hassle of doing it through college and the 2357 malarky. Also I am sure from what i have read that college route could end up costing twice as much as I would have to pay for the NVQ3 part of the 2357 AND the AM2 part, whereas Xs or Delta will accept my 2 years experience and wont have to do the AM2.

Just need to decide who to go with now!

i would also advice you to take as many photos as you can of everything and anything on sitework and store it on your pc so that you can use them for your photographic evidence, i am currently out of work but i have enough photo evidence to use to progress with my nvq.

Reply to NVQ 3 / AM2 part of 2357. - Cost? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock