Discuss nvq 3 assessment issues in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ambrad

hi All

My son is in his final year of his apprenticeship. He is having trouble finishing his nvq portfolio.

The assessor is asking for evidence of work we don't do(industrial) and also evidence of managerial issues like site diaries, allocating jobs, variation documentation and recording etc. He is struggling to finish.

He has approached the college and the nvq assessor (he is 24 years old. Not much time for experience for an assessor. They aren't very helpful even at one stage telling him to try to get voluntary work to get his industrial evidence.

Are all nvq bodies this unhelpful and should brad need evidence he cant possibly get.

Also is there a contact number for advice regarding our issues. We don't think he is getting the standard of training expected.

Thanks and I look forward to any advice

Hi thanks for the reply.
They want basket, ladder, tray. Fibre optic cable, ducting, modular wiring systems, bus bar systems and power track.
They are also wanting evidence of him organising operatives, allocating jobs, moniter operatives to ensure working to regs, evidence of cost effectiveness of operativs. The list goes on and on. I think they think he is a manager

It should be just 3 types out of each section and not every cable/containment type listed, just 3.

Have you both been to visit the college. It sounds like either they or you have misunderstood the requirements. If they won't help, contact C&G or EAL who produce the NVQ3.

It should be just 3 types out of each section and not every cable/containment type listed, just 3.

Have you both been to visit the college. It sounds like either they or you have misunderstood the requirements. If they won't help, contact C&G or EAL who produce the NVQ3.

This is correct, you just have to do 3 out of the 6? options they give you, spread over the 3 times you cover that particular unit. Sounds like someone, somewhere has misunderstood.

Reply to nvq 3 assessment issues in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net