Discuss NVQ 3 C&G 2356 where, how in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

skatingsparks

Morning
The short version of this is that i came To South Africa on a skills quota visa, the South Africa Qualification Association don't recognise 2360 pt2, pt1 is OK but they equate it to next to nothing.

They want an NVQ 3 electrical. 10 Years work experience can't be put on paper so doesn't count for anything

How can i do an NVQ 3, i have been working 10 years(have plenty of work based evidence), and i just need to get that qualification. I am coming back to the UK for a few months to do the 17th edition course, 2391 testing and inspecting and 2391-02 design and verification with Connaught just so i can keep on top of things but even these qualifications, i have just be told, are not good enough for the South Afican Qualification Association.

I started a NVQ years ago but never bothered finishing it because at the time they were considered crap compared to the City and Guilds.

Basically i need an NVQ 3 so i can do the job i have been doing for the last 10 years

Where can i do one quick quick, i would rather spend the money on doing a HND but that will take time, which is fine, but the moment i can't work here in SA until i have the right piece of paper, NVQ 3

Any advice, other than don't work in SA(obvious), greatly appreciated

Thanks

P.S. what gets me the most is that the apprentice from the firm i worked for before I came here to SA who knows sod all about being an electrician but has his NVQ 3 is allowed to work here.
I will never employ anyone on the basis of there qualifications but on what they can actually do.
A cubicle in a college is nothing like real life.​

If you are installing electrical systems which cover the criteria you can sign up to do the city & guilds NVQ 2356 but hurry the last registration date is Dec 2010. You can complete it in 12 weeks minimum by collecting evidence from the workplace and build a portfolio online which is marked by an assessor.
A colleague of mine has set a company up to deliver this qual to practising operatives like yourself and they are the cheapest in the country, about £510 + vat if you have your tech cert. If not around £700 + vat for the knowledge part. He will also keep on the system until 2011 so you could complete this year or next but as long as you enrol before Dec 2010 your ok. If not you will have to sign up to the new 2357 which entails new units (back to college) and the AM2 is encorporated (another £550).
Let me know if you want his details.

Hi,

I would very much like the details of your mates company for the NVQ 3 2356.

Can you mail them over to me or post them.

Many Thanks

Dave Saxon

If you are installing electrical systems which cover the criteria you can sign up to do the city & guilds NVQ 2356 but hurry the last registration date is Dec 2010. You can complete it in 12 weeks minimum by collecting evidence from the workplace and build a portfolio online which is marked by an assessor.
A colleague of mine has set a company up to deliver this qual to practising operatives like yourself and they are the cheapest in the country, about £510 + vat if you have your tech cert. If not around £700 + vat for the knowledge part. He will also keep on the system until 2011 so you could complete this year or next but as long as you enrol before Dec 2010 your ok. If not you will have to sign up to the new 2357 which entails new units (back to college) and the AM2 is encorporated (another £550).
Let me know if you want his details.

ye' that sounds appt...i'm shortly setting out on the 2365, would you post me the info..thx in advance

Hi cobbyman I would be greatful if you could forward the details for this mate.

Just looked at the structure of the new 2357, looks like a 75 % of the course is health and safety, legislation, electrical beurocracy and paper pushing stuff and all that, oh and about 25% electrical work. Makes electrical work sound kinda dull......

Reply to NVQ 3 C&G 2356 where, how in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock