Discuss nvq 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have been in the industry about 12 years now in that time done my 2360 pt 1 & 2 16th edition (about to upgrade aswell) and 2391 and have persuaded my employer to put me through my nvq 3, so today was handed the necessary paperwork to start my logbook, has anyone got any advise about going about it or even know were i can obtain a sample of some sort so i can begin to get my head round this any input would be brilliant i should say im 34 so no spring chicken lol, by the way great forum keep up the good work.:):):cool:

Your NVQ Assessor should be visiting you monthly to give you all the help and support you need , is this not happening?

What are your questions I am an NVQ Assessor for the Electrotechnical NVQ3

Your NVQ Assessor should be visiting you monthly to give you all the help and support you need , is this not happening?

What are your questions I am an NVQ Assessor for the Electrotechnical NVQ3

Hi mate i was hoping that you could help me im undertaking an assessor training and wanted to know if you had any info to help me if possible sample portfolio or any help thanks my email is ******************* thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate i was hoping that you could help me im undertaking an assessor training and wanted to know if you had any info to help me if possible sample portfolio or any help thanks my email is ******************** thanks again
I have emailed you a copy of the EAL Assessoer's guide. I hope this helps

hello there, has anyone got an example log book for NVQ 3 just to get a rough idea of what i am doing as i m struggling a bit. i wont use this to copy off just as a guide.
any help please emai-l ********************

hello there, has anyone got an example log book for NVQ 3 just to get a rough idea of what i am doing as i m struggling a bit. i wont use this to copy off just as a guide.
any help please emai-l ***************
Two awarding bodies deliver the Electrotechnical NVQ3 for Summit Skills who are the sector skills council for electrotechnical/electrical qualifications. City and Guilds are one EAL the other. With City & Guilds you need a delivery method and one of these is a product called 'Quickstep' which is done via a site diary or done via the internet on their web site. EAL use the own notes to deliver the NVQ. Both of these sets of notes are chargeable. In my opinion the EAL system is vastly superior. Both City and Guilds and EALs NVQ contain 8 units which must show performance on three occasions although the AM2 test will account for 4 units on the third occasion. I do have both sets of the NVQ units.

Chaps,

Unless you enjoy copious amounts of spam emails, may i suggest you dont post your addys on the forum.

You can always do this via PM;)

I have edited them out for now.:)

Hey, i am currently doing my NVQ level 3 through EAL and would like some help with questions and general advise, as i dont know anyone else who has done there NVQ through them, i would be thankful if someone could help, ill pm my email address if it makes it easier for them

thanks

Carl

Hey, i am currently doing my NVQ level 3 through EAL and would like some help with questions and general advise, as i dont know anyone else who has done there NVQ through them, i would be thankful if someone could help, ill pm my email address if it makes it easier for them

thanks

Carl

hi carl id be happy to help my email is ****************** any questions you have
:)

hi
i am new to this an wondering if u could help please.
i am starting my log book and i have not been told in enough detail how it works.
if u was to tell some one in writing how it works what would u say.
this would be much appreciated

Dan

The best way is to actually take pictures and gather as much information as you can. the log book will record all the information as regard to what you are doing. if you take picture as long as you are wearing all ppe and if you using equipment you can also use the same picture to show other evidence. Its easy mate just start with health and safety unit and once you start it does not take long to gather all info

if you have any problems or you want any help please ask

does it have to be done on 3 different jobs?
at the min i am on a uni doing a refurb of 2 floors. on this job i will be able to do everything neccassary ie testing can my log book be do just on this job?

You will have to cover, Indoor and outdoor installations, 2 types of access equipment.
My advice would be to take as many pics as you can to help support your evidence.
Good luck, just finished mine and it took 6months!

It is my understanding that by the end of this year the NVQ Level 3 will no longer exist in it's current form. Does this mean that if I start it now I will have to finish it before the end of the year (or whenever the changes come in) in order for City and Guilds to award it? Or will they still award the NVQ 3 qualification whenever you're finished provided you started it before the changes are introduced?

I am confident that I will be able to cover what is required for this NVQ , but it will take some time and I doubt that I could get all the evidence required before the NVQ changes come in.

I'd hate to start it and then be told half way through that it no longer exists and that I've wasted my time and money.

Also, I'm looking to to it with either Delta Electrical Training or Quickstep electrical. Any feedback on these guys?

Reply to nvq 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock