Discuss NVQ Level 3 C+G 2356 Help. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dorian0505

Hi there, I'm looking for a bit of help and i don't want to bang on so i'm going to try to keep it as short as i can.
I'm currently doing my NVQ Level 3. I understand there's a 'new version' of this and i think its called the 2357. However i'm doing the 2356. Anyway, what i wanted to know was on the first unit of either job (UNIT 301) It's a health and safety unit regarding risk assessments, method statements, safe working etc. The current job im working on the risk assessments and method statements have already been completed by the firm. Do i need to do one myself? can i ask for a copy off them and put my name to it? any help/suggestions wold be great! I'm trying to get all my evidence together for my portfolio and i keep coming across hurdles. Anything would be appreciated. Cheers

Ok cheers, appreciate your help. Thanks for the quick reply. Another question if you don't mind. What sort of time scale am i looking at to complete the NVQ? I've taken quite a lot of photos of me carrying out work, i've got delivery notes, method statements, risk assessments, 4 types of wiring, 4 types of enclosures etc. Obviously it's depending on how much time and effort i put into writing it all up but say i was to do 1-2 hours an evening. How long would you say it would take? thanks

Lovely lol. Well one question I have is am I an apprentice or a trainee electrician? I paid for my own college fees for 2330 level 2 and 3 aswell as 850 pound for my Nvq 3.
Another question is... When I get my ecs card will it state what level I'm at or will it just say 'trainee' or 'apprentice'?
My boss calls me an apprentice but iI don't see it that way as I've paid for everything myself.

When I did my 2330 I was classed as a trainee by my employer but apprentice by the college s nt really sure what the rules are, your card will say trainee.

You'll be graded as a trainee electrician stage 1. Stage 2 ( if achieved 2330 level 2) or stage 3 (if achieved 2330 level 3) depending on current qualifications.

I would see you as an Electricians Mate. Not an apprentice as you are not a registered apprentice (neither was I). Your boss has not paid for your quals, you have (so did I). Once you have 2356 the JIB will grade you as Electrician.

Also, your boss will like to refer to you as an apprentice as he feels justified paying you less. Once you have 2356 you will prob need to find another job!

Reply to NVQ Level 3 C+G 2356 Help. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net