Discuss NVQ Questions for Knowledge Assessment! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

Guys, Need to complete this bit, its badly worded and badly put together rubbish that unfortunately i need to complete, even the tutor said its badly written

Q1 How would you interpret diagrams and drawings to find site services and the planned location of the wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment?

Q2 How do you determine the suitability of fixing methods to building fabric in the environment of the installation? (305)

Q3 How do you handle wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment in the correct manner? (305)

Q4 What are the most effective methods of fabricating wiring enclosures? (306)

Q5 What are the procedures for carrying out an assessment of safe systems of work including permits to work? (307)

Q6 What are the latest, relevant industry standards applicable to diagnosing and correcting faults in electrical systems and equipment? (302)

if you fancy a crack at them i would be very much pleased!! they probably easy to give answer to but my head dont work at min..

Last edited by a moderator:
Q1 How would you interpret diagrams and drawings to find site services and the planned location of the wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment?

I would measure and mark out all locations for wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment in accordance with electrical regulations and approved procedures

Q2 How do you determine the suitability of fixing methods to building fabric in the environment of the installation?

I would use fixings that are fit for purpose and appropriate for the site structure and building fabric

Q3 How do you handle wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment in the correct manner?

I would follow the manufacturers instructions regarding to the handling and installation

Q4 What are the most effective methods of fabricating wiring enclosures?

Q5 What are the procedures for carrying out an assessment of safe systems of work including permits to work?

you follow agreed procedures to ensure the co- ordination of site services and activities of other trades

Guys, Need to complete this bit, its badly worded and badly put together rubbish that unfortunately i need to complete, even the tutor said its badly written

By looking at the key and scales on drawings, identifying other site services and the planned installation routes. Designing the electrical installation routes to complement and not compromise other systems.

Confirming acceptableness of routings with appropriate responsible person. This will include site meetings with other trades.

Q2 How do you determine the suitability of fixing methods to building fabric in the environment of the installation? (305)

Agree with site management what types of fixings are acceptable for the site. Use appropriate fixings to the type of surface ie brick work screws and plugs; dry lined walls, proprietary dry lining fixings; 'perlin' suspension and fixing using appropriate clips for conduit or suspended threaded rod as the site installation requires.

Reference should also be made to manufactures data sheets where appropriate.

Q3 How do you handle wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment in the correct manner? (305)

This should be done in line with the training and development of skills under supervision. Following manufacturer’s instructions and data sheets. In addition there are many practical textbooks that provide good guidance on installation techniques. All of this should be undertaken in harmony with BS 7671 and the appropriate health and safety guidance, eg ‘manual handling operations’ regulations 1992.

Q4 What are the most effective methods of fabricating wiring enclosures? (306)

This should be done in line with training received in a learning environment and the onsite development of skills. There are also many practical textbooks that provide good guidance on installation techniques.

Q5 What are the procedures for carrying out an assessment of safe systems of work including permits to work? (307)

I would walk around the site to identify what hazards there were. I would then produce a risk assessment for those hazards (tripping, noise, dust fumes, other contractors, live sources, COSHH issues, etc), following the HSE steps to risk assessment. These are reviewed and updated as the circumstances on site change.

Permits to work involve who can go in to a particular location identifying their competence to enter the location or the requirement for supervision; what PPE is required; what safe system of work is in place; states the time allowed to be there; the specific purpose for being there; the tools and materials that can be used

Q6 What are the latest, relevant industry standards applicable to diagnosing and correcting faults in electrical systems and equipment? (302)

Current standards that apply are those of the EAW Regulations; BS7671; EMC regulations.

These are model ansers from C & G, should use similar in your own words. Hope this helps ;)

are these for nvq 3 im doing this at min, the answers we have to provide are like essyas they proper hard im really towing with it

your not the only one chopper, i have the complete model answers as provided by the assessors if anyone needs them but i could do with copying someone else's answers that are in plain english, its not easy trying to put them into my own words

your not the only one chopper, i have the complete model answers as provided by the assessors if anyone needs them but i could do with copying someone else's answers that are in plain english, its not easy trying to put them into my own words

I know its a long time ago but has any one still got these modle answers for the EAL NVQ 3

nvq answers for knowledge questions

I have just seen your post. I am currently doing nvq and struggling makeing sense of some of the questions would it be possible to send me the answers you have
thankyou be spot on if you could

hi there, i was just wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of my NVQ questions?

1.Where would you find out about principles of electrical theory and installation techniques for diagnosing and correcting faults in electrical systems and equipment?

2.Are there any restrictions on the amount of info and detail that individual members of the customers organisation are entitled to recieve?

3. what are the safety implications and economic consequences of supplying innacurate or incomplete information to the customer?

thanks for your time.

Hi there,
you say you have the complete set of model answers for the EAL NVQ 3 knowledge questions. I would really appreciate a copy if at all possible and if i can work out how to re word them ill let you know ...

If i get time at work tomorrow i will have a look at my L3 answers. I wont pass them on parrot fashion, but i will try and point you in the right direction. These questions are designed to make you think a bit, and put your answers down in you own words.

Cheers............Howard

Guys, Need to complete this bit
10. A motor is reconnected into a circuit and then switched but runs the wrong way, how will you correct this malfunction and how could it have been prevented from happening.

I'll appologise for being an absolute arsehole now.

Hi there,
you say you have the complete set of model answers for the EAL NVQ 3 knowledge questions. I would really appreciate a copy if at all possible and if i can work out how to re word them ill let you know ...

So, you basically mean that you can't be arsed to attempt it yourself, and you'll use someone elses answers? Not being funny, but most of us have done an NVQ level 3 and we all got by. Why don't you post the question you're stuck with on here - then have a go yourself - and then we can correct you. Don't expect to have your arse wiped for you.

Hey Ezzzeikiel, i'd really appreciate some help too. I'm doing my underpinning knowledge questions for my nvq3.

What question(s) are you stuck on?

Guys, Need to complete this bit
10. A motor is reconnected into a circuit and then switched but runs the wrong way, how will you correct this malfunction and how could it have been prevented from happening.

This is a faily straight forward question buddy, you will know this, and you'll kick yourself if someone has to tell you :) - have a little attempt first then we can point you in the right direction - don't try an over complicate things :)

Reply to NVQ Questions for Knowledge Assessment! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net