Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss NWS snips, pliers ect in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

scouse_spark

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Don't know weather anybody has used these but had a set of NWS snips for about 2 weeks now, have to be, in my opinion, the best sidecutters I've used, comfort and grip wise they are excelent and not too bulky ect. very sharp too.
obviously won't be perfect for everyone but worth a go.

screwfix are doing them here: Search Page

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
K

KNIPEX

sorry mate i disagree, will honestly say hey are the worst ones ive ever had imo.

i only use them for cutting 3.5mm screws now.

cant beat a good pair on knipex cutters :)

S

simopesh

There is a huge difference between Knipex and Knipex. The only decent Knipex is the one with engraved logo on. NWS, CK and Klauke are using exactly the same materials. Not the best in the world but a lot better than lower end Knipex.
There is another manufacturer that could beat them both when it comes to quality of materials – Cetaform.
I am coming from a metal and alloy mixing background so do know well materials when I touch it!:)

www.cetaform.com.tr/

Last edited by a moderator:
im using wiha professional cutters atm

they are not bad but knipex are superior and for an extra £5 you cant go wrong (wiha can cut through cable all right but steel ty-wraps are a no-no unless cut near falcrum as there not sharp enough

B

BillyH

Don't know weather anybody has used these but had a set of NWS snips for about 2 weeks now, have to be, in my opinion, the best sidecutters I've used, comfort and grip wise they are excelent and not too bulky ect. very sharp too.
obviously won't be perfect for everyone but worth a go.

screwfix are doing them here: Search Page
Great when they're new, but they don't last me more than 6 months. They stay sharp but tend to start overlapping after a while

I

IrishSparks89

I know it's each to their own but I have always used knipex and have never been dissapointed. They sell those nws in b and q I think?

W

wildgoose

I have lots of NWS stuff and it's ok. They do the job and they are competitively priced. However, they do go blunt very quickly when worked hard - especially the shears

G

Garythenab

Had a pair of nws cutters for about 3 years now. They have been heavily used and are still as good as new

Reply to NWS snips, pliers ect in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.