Discuss NWS snips, pliers ect in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

scouse_spark

Don't know weather anybody has used these but had a set of NWS snips for about 2 weeks now, have to be, in my opinion, the best sidecutters I've used, comfort and grip wise they are excelent and not too bulky ect. very sharp too.
obviously won't be perfect for everyone but worth a go.

screwfix are doing them here: Search Page

sorry mate i disagree, will honestly say hey are the worst ones ive ever had imo.

i only use them for cutting 3.5mm screws now.

cant beat a good pair on knipex cutters :)

There is a huge difference between Knipex and Knipex. The only decent Knipex is the one with engraved logo on. NWS, CK and Klauke are using exactly the same materials. Not the best in the world but a lot better than lower end Knipex.
There is another manufacturer that could beat them both when it comes to quality of materials – Cetaform.
I am coming from a metal and alloy mixing background so do know well materials when I touch it!:)

www.cetaform.com.tr/

Last edited by a moderator:
im using wiha professional cutters atm

they are not bad but knipex are superior and for an extra £5 you cant go wrong (wiha can cut through cable all right but steel ty-wraps are a no-no unless cut near falcrum as there not sharp enough

Don't know weather anybody has used these but had a set of NWS snips for about 2 weeks now, have to be, in my opinion, the best sidecutters I've used, comfort and grip wise they are excelent and not too bulky ect. very sharp too.
obviously won't be perfect for everyone but worth a go.

screwfix are doing them here: Search Page
Great when they're new, but they don't last me more than 6 months. They stay sharp but tend to start overlapping after a while

I have lots of NWS stuff and it's ok. They do the job and they are competitively priced. However, they do go blunt very quickly when worked hard - especially the shears

Had a pair of nws cutters for about 3 years now. They have been heavily used and are still as good as new

I have a mix of NWS and Knipex cutters / pliers / strippers etc. and whilst something in me says the Knipex are better, the NWS are far more comfortable in the hand...

Knipex for shears stripping larger cables and CK for household stripping (note the CK are great coming out of the gate but not too much for stamina). I had NWS and lost them but they didn't grab me that much so I don't miss them they were the larger handle type with serrated and clean cut very bulky on your pockets.

Large cable shears by CK are ridiculous they have a bull nose so you can only make side angle cuts (RUBBISH).

This thread could go on for ever I'm a tool junkie so I have tried most.

I'm sure there's plenty of other tool ------ on this site!

My advice spend what you can afford, stay away from The big Orange shed, once you found something you like stay with it so it becomes a part of you.

i have CK for general use, draper expert coz. they've got a ferrule crimper and stripping holes for 1.5.and 2.5, and bahco for posh clients.

Had a pair of nws cutters for about 3 years now. They have been heavily used and are still as good as new
Nice to see that! Amazon has just an offer of FELO pliers (they actually are NWS - which means SOLIGEN) with screwdrivers Ergonic by FELO for lower than 50£!!! I am thinking of giving it a try. I think they will serve well an DIY enthusiast like me.

Bahco and SnapOn for me....Knipex has been good quality,in what i have owned...the installation pliers are brilliant...i have several pairs,and have used them for allsorts...even removing some stitches from a treated animal (with veterinarian supervision) ... although the sales blurb never covers it,they also work on a spam tin,with the key missing...

since my last post on this thread, almost 8 years ago ! i bought some NWS sidecutterss. had them 7 years and still good. even although I use them on my big toe nails.

Reply to NWS snips, pliers ect in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock