Discuss O/S lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

a.e.s

I am second fixing a house and I have come to connecting the outside lights. What I want to do is have two lighting circuits controlled by one time clock, PIR and photocell I have also wired two overide switches (front of the house and back of the house). I would like the two circuits switched independantly by the overide switches but come on altogether when the timeclock, PIR and photocell lets them. could someone please give me a quick rundown on how to wire this. I have done things like this before but with only one lighting circuit.Thanks in advance.

why use photocell when you can set light levels on the PIRs?. for the cost of timers, why not use 2?

Use a 2 pole contactor with the coil supplied by the clock PIR and P/C..run the 2 circuit lives through it....Connect each overide switch across the live in and live out of each circuit on the contactor......do not break the neutrals through the contactor.

Last edited by a moderator:
The timeclock will be set to something like 9 until 12. Though the lights will come on before hand if the photocell tells it to. Once it is 12 the lights will come on only if the PIR is triggered. If we didnt have the photocell and it gets dark earlier than expected the o/s lights would only come on if you walk past the PIR which doesnt suit some people. Why use 2 timeclocks when you can get away with one????

Reply to O/S lighting circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Heavy industrial spark here, never do house bashing hence the question. I currently have a light switch at the front door not doing anything...
Replies
Views
Hi all, currently doing a job at a house where there are 3 switches In the hallway to control the hall lights. All 1 gang switches, one at...
Replies
Views
I own two flats with a small common lobby. Although operable from both flats, the common lobby light appears to be wired to flat A's circuit...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock