Discuss Odd reception problem in the Freeview and Terrestrial TV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Fin170

Bit stumped on this one, got a odd problem with my tv receiving channels during the day

Signal is good all day (says the tv) but at around 8-8:30am all the BBC channels, main channels (3,4,5) and a few random ones disappear and then reappear again around 5pm, when they are there there is no issue with the reception and no other channel seems effected in terms of signal quality

Tried it on more than 1 tv with the same result and re-tuning the tv in the day looses the channels completely

1st floor (top) flat, tv point leading to a booster (unplugged as not working, been like that months with no effect) and aerial in loft. No sky etc, neighbours don't have the problem, can't think/ see any sort of machinery etc starting up during the day that would effect it*

and I have paid my tv tax

Can anybody hazard a guess at what's going on?

Much appreciated

Edit - *There is a day only police station but it's hours are 12am-6pm and i doubt it would have a new antenna set up

Last edited by a moderator:
Got any TV aerial "mates" - strikes me you need to get somebody round!

Sorry if this isn't helpful but losing several signals for most of the day, and then them coming back sounds very odd to me.

Got any TV aerial "mates" - strikes me you need to get somebody round!

Sorry if this isn't helpful but losing several signals for most of the day, and then them coming back sounds very odd to me.

Annoyingly no, not in this part of the world!

Do seem a odd one, will be getting another booster at some point....might help for some reasons i cant think of

The plot thickens!

Got into loft space to move the aerial around and a change of position got the signal back. Came out of loft and moved my ladder signal collapsed. Tried putting the ladder back in place and the signal is back....hazard a guess there is something below that is causing interference which the steps blocks

The plot thickens!

Got into loft space to move the aerial around and a change of position got the signal back. Came out of loft and moved my ladder signal collapsed. Tried putting the ladder back in place and the signal is back....hazard a guess there is something below that is causing interference which the steps blocks

How long have you had the steps into your loft?

Step ladder used to be up there all the time but took it down a week or so after this started.

Looked through the window of the shop downstairs and can see a spotlight bat with a few led lamps in it They will be going on and off about the times I'm having issues so I'll watch over the weekend and see if it's happening to their weekend times

Reply to Odd reception problem in the Freeview and Terrestrial TV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net