Discuss Odd Voltage Dips In My Car in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Daknel

DIY
Reaction score
I've had my car for about a year now and I've noticed when I drive that the voltage goings all over the place from around 13.5 then can dip down to 12.0 even into the 11. 's

My A/C Condenser Fan has been burnt out and not working since I bought the car and I recently took it out and unplugged it and I noitced that it pretty much cleared up the voltage issues and the voltage it up in the 14.0's where it should be and it mostly stable. I installed a brand new A/C Fan that works and the voltage issues came right back so I'm curious what the problem might be? Is it the wiring?

My battery is on the way out ,I see similar.
( arrive run engine -a few minutes with no headlights -slow internal fan -no wipers / no rear screen heater )
diesels drive lovely in cold damp weather,
but those darn ..DPF filters will run fans if they need cooling after running the engine. ( Correct sizing of fan ?)

My battery is on the way out ,I see similar.
( arrive run engine -a few minutes with no headlights -slow internal fan -no wipers / no rear screen heater )
diesels drive lovely in cold damp weather,
but those darn ..DPF filters will run fans if they need cooling after running the engine. ( Correct sizing of fan ?)
Fan is the correct size and everything, yeah. The battery tested good as well as the alternator when I had them tested last week at Autozone.

I've been having this issues for months.

Sadly intelligent charging is managed by ECU to save on fuel. On some cars !
..If car cranks ok next day , probably not a problem.
(if need to store car for a week ..encouraged to buy a maintenance charger .)

If 11V is at battery thats a problem . But at the end of wiring .. wiring sounds inadequate /Poor earth !

Sadly intelligent charging is managed by ECU to save on fuel. On some cars !
..If car cranks ok next day , probably not a problem.
(if need to store car for a week ..encouraged to buy a maintenance charger .)

If 11V is at battery thats a problem . But at the end of wiring .. wiring sounds inadequate /Poor earth !

It might be a bad ground, yeah. When no fan is plugged in the issue goes away, but as soon as I plug it back in it comes back.

Reply to Odd Voltage Dips In My Car in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock