Discuss Off-peak heater doesn't work in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mingi7

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

My flat uses an Economy 7 tariff. When I use the boost heater, it works fine. But the off-peak water heater doesn't heat up the water overnight. The bottom element on the tank connects the off-peak switch and I've tested there is no electricity in this wire during the night.
I'm not sure whether it's the boiler's problem because it does heat up the water in some way.

Does anyone have any insights on what can I do or who can I call for help? Many thanks.

Hi,

My flat uses an Economy 7 tariff. When I use the boost heater, it works fine. But the off-peak water heater doesn't heat up the water overnight. The bottom element on the tank connects the off-peak switch and I've tested there is no electricity in this wire during the night.
I'm not sure whether it's the boiler's problem because it does heat up the water in some way.

Does anyone have any insights on what can I do or who can I call for help? Many thanks.

Picture of fuse box(es) would help.
Hi do you mean this one? I also attached the picture of the boiler in case that may help.

Attachments

• 截屏2022-11-10 下午1.33.44.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 截屏2022-11-10 下午1.34.22.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 截屏2022-11-10 下午1.34.38.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
Hi do you mean this one? I also attached the picture of the boiler in case that may help.
Hi,

Another person contacted me with the same issue:

The timed water heater does not come on (you do not hear the heating up sound but the red light comes on) BUT the boost is working which is great.

I am wondering if I should simply try and reset the water heating timer to factory setting? This might do the trick or as my IT people always say when people experience problems with their PC's: "Have you tried to restart it?"

Would be grateful if someone could help.

What water heating timer? From what I can see in the pics, I wouldn't expect there to be one owned by you.

What water heating timer? From what I can see in the pics, I wouldn't expect there to be one owned by you.
I have a control panel to set the time, which is separate from the boiler. But I don't think there are problems with it. Because the peak water heater works well.

Have you checked the 13A fuse in the off-peak FCU (fused switch)?

Reply to Off-peak heater doesn't work in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net