Discuss off work today in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dan86

Started at 9pm last night. Suddenly got a really bad stomach ache. Then at about 11pm I spewed. And every 20 mins from then until now, I've been up and being sick. I'm exhausted and feel like crap.the bathroom stinks too!
Had doctor out half an hour ago. I have food poisoning. He's given me some anti sickness pills and told me not to eat for a further 24hrs and to stick to liquids. Preferably something fizzy that has gone flat to give me some energy.

If you haven't any flat drinks, buy a new bottle and keep shaking it and opening it to release the gas. Get well soon

thanks guys. Well the tablet seems to finally be working and I do feel less sick. I've got some lilt that I've let go flat. just catching up on paperwork rest of today. Hope you're all having a good Friday 13th!

Coke (cola) and water mixed half and half makes a good recovery drink for dehydration after huge amounts of puking.

Drink some then get back to work you skiving berk.

god i know that feeling damn rough for sure
glad your feeling better though.
peppermint tea helps a bit but watch drinking milk for a few days as your stomach will be a bit sensitive

reminds me of the film "airplane". "any one here that can fly a plane that didn't have fish?"

cheers Ryan. haven't been sick since I took the anti sickness pills so that's a start. still feel like crap and exhausted but hopefully sleep tonight :)

There is a horrible bug going round at the moment, endearingly called "The winter vomiting bug" and it is very dangerous for babies and the elderly.

I had food poisoning years ago after eating a turkey sandwich that had ice crystals in the turkey........... it had been frozen and de-frosted under a hot tap I found out later. OMFG was I ill......... I had to have morphine injections because the cramps were so severe. I feel your pain Dan and hope you feel better soon. Flat lemonade is good too. :26:

Reply to off work today in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock