Discuss offered a niceic qualified supervisor position? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

theskid

hi there all, im currently an approved electrician graded by the JIB and also graded a NICEIC qualified supervisor with my current firm and mentions that on my JIB card. I'm north west England based so national JIB rates apply, and what I wanted to know ,is what fellow qualified supervisors are paid that are employed in non jib firms and JIB registered firms?, are they paid higher than approved electricians ?the job i was offered was advertised as a inspection and testing role but in the interview they mentioned they want me to continue to q.s for them were they have around 60 electricians and 3 or 4 other testers . thankyou for any feedback :cool3: p.s forgot to add there offering £14.11 per hour PAYE

yes I have not accepted the offer yet just wanted to know what other Qualified supervisors are getting paid if anyone can help .thankyou

Tell em to jam it.
Approved rate alone is 14.35 although now 4 years out of date.
Why should you sign for some other guys work for buttons.

Not sure where you get £14.35 from

From and including Monday 7th January 2013 the hourly rates for
Approved Electrician £14.57

News to me UNG but still same for theskid, being offered well under approved rate and given additional duties/responsibilities.
Rather onerous ones at that.

Boydy

So is the new firm not JIB registered?...if so then JIB rates dont count and that seems a good wage!...

Look around at the other jobs in the north west you wont find many non JIB firms if any offering an approved electrican more than £13 an hour...

thanks for the replies guys ,you are right in this current climate that seems a decent wage , the thing is it is a lot more responsibility than your average electrician and also the work is mainly out of town ,I was going to ring them back up to see if they could consider a higher wage or I would be happier to start off as just a normal inspection and testing engineer but it looks like there desperate for a q.s and the firm i'm currently at is just tiny in comparison

My take on this is,pay aside,its a step up from current job. You'll then have supervisor as a job title which I think looks good on the cv.
I'd play it as you'd like to take the job but unfortunately it actually pays less than your current approved electricians job so for now you'd like to decline their offer.
If they really want you or are a decent firm my guess is they'll ask what a more realistic salary is and you can take it from there.
I'm not a fan of wage negotiations as I always feel that they know what their prepared to pay so why not just advertise it as such? Sadly it's an employers market now rather than an employees so we can see the issues.

if you want the job,go for it,sounds like a good opportunity to me.

Reply to offered a niceic qualified supervisor position? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net