Discuss Ofgem Solar PV Declaration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

petex2416

From page 47 of the Ofgem Guidance for renewable installations (Version 3)
"All applications for accreditation of new solar PV installations with an eligibility date on or after 1 April 2012, need to be accompanied by a copy of this document......"

Just had British Gas let us know of this new requirement, since we are processing the customers FIT forms for them. Nothing mentioned anywhere else at DECC, EST or the energy company websites that I can find. It's also hidden away in a 56 page PDF document on the ofgem website. Just another example of how things are being made difficult for the industry.

yeah, I meant to post something about this. We rang all the companies last week to get their new forms etc and half of them weren't even aware of this requirement at that point, and hadn't changed their forms either.

Ok - I'm bored silly going through the Real stuff so a bit brain dead but which document are you talking about????? I can't see what you're talking about .....

OFGEM claim to be cutting red tape and now we have another 56 pages of the stuff... Arghhhh
I emailed them on this very subject, but sadly they did not have the manners to reply.

I have a few years behind me, and quite honestly I have never seen anything like this industry in all my life, my towel will soon be in the ring.....

Is this document just getting rid of the need to have a letter from a DEA stating that the property can't have an EPC?
nope, I believe that would be the evidence you'd be required to submit to support such a declaration.

Problem is, I'm not sure many EPC assessors would be willing to put their necks on the line over a 10 or 50kWp installation by making a declaration about something where the guidance is so wooley, and their determination could be open to challenge by Ofgem, with potentially tens of thousands worth of liability for a job that's maybe worth £50-100 for them.

I reckon I'd want something in writing from Ofgem themselves on any jobs where an EPC wasn't practical before committing to it, as this is wide open for them screwing people over.

Reply to Ofgem Solar PV Declaration in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net