Discuss Oh Goooooooood, Hotpoint WF220 washing machine in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stef

-
Reaction score
Afternoon chaps,

Anyone familiar with washing machines? We have a Hotpoint WF220. Select a (any) wash program, press start it starts the wash cycle but it carries on washing untill I manually stop it. The machine fill water into the drum and the drum spins at wash speed, but it carries on washing.
If I stop it I can manually spin, rinse and fast spin, so all the functions are working, except in automatic it doesn't finish the wash cycle.
Where would I find a wiring diagram for this model? Pump is OK as it drains the drum, the motor is OK as it does all the spins. The fault is independent of the selected temperature so it can't be the thermostat or heater. Don't know what else to check. Any Ideas? :eek:mg_smile:

The fault is independent of the selected temperature so it can't be the thermostat or heater.

But is it actually heating the water, ie can you feel it warm through the glass door? If not, it may be waiting to get up to the selected temperature (and never reaching it) before finishing the wash cycle.

there are some big forums around on repairing white machines. have a google around with model number, maybe something comes up.
may be controller fault, may not be reaching desired water temperature - try cold wash?

But is it actually heating the water, ie can you feel it warm through the glass door? If not, it may be waiting to get up to the selected temperature (and never reaching it) before finishing the wash cycle.

Thanks for that hint, it doesn't, that is why it carries on washing cos it is waiting for the hot water. The solenoid coil for hot water valve is open circuit. I traced a spare on ebay for a tenner.
Thanks again, you are a star man.

there are some big forums around on repairing white machines. have a google around with model number, maybe something comes up.
may be controller fault, may not be reaching desired water temperature - try cold wash?
Yes, I did have a look at some of those forums, not much joy there. Thanks anyway.

Get on ebay and have a look for a new control panel ive replaced one on a dishwasher and saved buying a new machine and the board only cost 20 quid used (manufacture wanted 119.99 :eek:mg_smile:! for a new board)

Forgot to mention, the washing machine draws hot water from combi boiler. Thanks amlu, your hint helped a lot. The machine is waiting for hot water, valve knackered.
this forum is really good, whatever the problem there is always at least one who can help.

Reply to Oh Goooooooood, Hotpoint WF220 washing machine in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net