Discuss OI YOU, Yes You , 2382-10 college lecturers & others who know the new exam questions in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hotrocks

Sorry for the title, just wanted to grab your attention :D

I've been told by several people that every week/month, every college gets a copy of the 2382-10 exam which will be sitted,

I NEED THIS PAPER!

We've all got the 16th edition in my class & been revising hard for the exam,

But we only domestic rewirers and just want to put bread on the table & continue working, the depth of the info we are being told to revise is too intense for most of the class.

And yes we have got the exam simulator & copys of 17th edition regs+on site guide!

So if there is anyone has a copy of this recent exam - PLEASE PLEASE send it to me

Its completely non profit , just to help fellow electricians out!

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you soon!

cheers rocks

Re: OI YOU, Yes You , 2382-10 college lecturers & others who know the new exam questi

The 2382-10 is an online gola exam and so many colleges will not possess a paper. The questions are always different for each student from a pool of approximately 3000. Paper exams may be available for centres not registered for gola, or maybe for assisting a student with a disability, I'm not sure. But I don't have any. I only really get 2391 papers these days, everything else is online.

Re: OI YOU, Yes You , 2382-10 college lecturers & others who know the new exam questi

Arent you allowed to take the book in? Think its a case of learning how to look up stuff and thats it...im probably wrong but thats what im led to believe.

it is an open book exam. some centres wont let you take your own in but they will have a copy that you can use when doing it.

If you know your way around the 17th Edition Reg book then there is no way you can fail that exam.

Read the book.

(its red)

Here is an example.......

'electrical equipment shall not present a fire hazard to adjacent materials'

Downlights....the scourge of modern day domestic electrics.

burn baby burn

Last edited by a moderator:

You can’t take the on site guide in, but the regs book is expected.

I passed it on tuesday just using questions found on the internet. Its more getting used to the book and finding your way around it once you have done that there is no way you can fail!

Alright,
Just sat the 2392-10 gola exam this morning. Its competely closed book only thing allowed to take in was a calculator.
If you've read GN3 the exam is a piece of ****
Passed no bother.

2382 is the 17th edition wiring regs, you can take your brb in with you

where did you do the 2392 phil thats what im looking to do next or 2391

Hi mate if i were you I would just go for the 2391-10 as its far better and worth more dont bother wasting your money go straight for the 2391-10
but you will have to study hard and know GN3 backwards mate but its possible all depends on the effort you put in

good luck mate

Alright pal,
I used the 2392-10 as a stepping stone for my 2391-10. As a stand alone qualification the 2392 is worth jack!!! Exam adjudicators words not mine.
Time to memorize GN3 before taking 2391.

The 2392 and 2391 both service different purposes, and both are justified.

Sitting my exam today but getting 95% on simulator so should be fine me hopes. also if you just search google for 2382 past papers you will find what you need.
Hope it helps

little help please I am just setting up an electrical company in Hastings and am trying to get registered on the NICEIC but am confused by the way they contradict themselves by saying that I must present two fully tested properties for inspection but if your not registered you cant certificate also other electricians aren't supposed to sign off your work little advice plzzz dan

You do the two jobs, then get them inspected by the NICEIC for registration, then they become your first two jobs submitted for self certification.
The other and perhaps the correct way, is to pre-notify the jobs, pay the LABC the appropriate fee, then use them for registration.

Hi mate if i were you I would just go for the 2391-10 as its far better and worth more dont bother wasting your money go straight for the 2391-10
but you will have to study hard and know GN3 backwards mate but its possible all depends on the effort you put in

good luck mate

Couldn't have summed it up better myself. There are no secrets to the 2391, its just plain and simple revision.

Cheers........Howard

You do the two jobs, then get them inspected by the NICEIC for registration, then they become your first two jobs submitted for self certification.
The other and perhaps the correct way, is to pre-notify the jobs, pay the LABC the appropriate fee, then use them for registration.

Go with option one, option two is money wasted. Just to cover ones backside, try to make sure the job was completed less than 30 days from your assessment, as this is the maximum time you are allowed to notify jobs.

Cheers.........Howard

Reply to OI YOU, Yes You , 2382-10 college lecturers & others who know the new exam questions in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net