Discuss OLCI...any advise plz in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Do any of the tutors helping you guys with this actually 'help' you online?
It just seems a bit silly all these concerns about a company and no-one wants to come here to assist you with your theory concerns? Not building a very good rep for the company is it?

What does it say on your enrolment form (the one you signed at the centre) that should have all the courses on it
Didn't receive a copy of the enrolment form hence the reason I feel stupid. I just feel
that what I received wasn't worth the heavy price tag. What use is a course which is advertised
as 'qualified' and doesn't even include 17th Edition. Worthless waste of money.

I don't understand how you never got one, everyone i've met had to go to the centre to sign one as its the contract between you and OLCI. Without that you're not even enrolled

How did you pay and what advisor did you see, as no one i've met has paid more than £5,880 for all the courses I listed earlier.

Somethings clearly not right here

my only concern is that there is only enough practical to get you through the course, at the end you will be qualified but with no onsite experience, i know people who have done all the courses and never done a days work in there life, its hard to learn in a training center as on site when working on your own you will come across problems they cant teach you, i would suggest the course as a good idea and grounds to start off as an electricians mate to gain the on site experience also i was unaware that the nvq L3 could be done in a training center i was allays led to believe you had to be working to gain this qual!

good luck in the corse im sure you will benefit in the long run.

Hi Jomcl67,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I would like to speak to you in more detail about your situation. Please could you call us on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with your number and a suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes, Alana Fox.

i was unaware that the nvq L3 could be done in a training center i was allays led to believe you had to be working to gain this qual!

good luck in the corse im sure you will benefit in the long run.

It does have to be done on site, if you're referring to my post I had the NVQ3 added to my "bundle" of courses (OLCI pay the fee's for it), OLCI only give you the log book/visit site

Hi Jomcl67, Alana here from OLCI Construction Training. I would like to speak to you in more detail about your situation. Please could you call us on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with your number and a suitable time to call you back. I look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Alana Fox.
Well. 2 days after emailing details to Alana and still waiting for a response. Hmm.

Hi everyone,

I paid for the plumbing 6089 and 6129 city and guilds course 2 years ago when I was out of work within a month of paying for the course I got a job that requires at least 6 days work a week and because of this I can no longer commit to the course.I have tried to get a refund but olci will not pay me a penny back of the £5500 that I paid for the course, however they have told me i can sell it to anyone who is interested in doing the course at Bristol.So I am selling my course for £3750 which is £1750 less than you will have to pay usually for it. If you are interested you can contact me via email at [email protected].

Well. 2 days after emailing details to Alana and still waiting for a response. Hmm.

Hi Jomcl67,

I don't seem to have received an email from you with your contact details on. Please could you call 0800 316 8100 or email me on [email protected] with your number and a suitable time to call you back. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

I have emailed both Alana and the student layason officer about my course but have yet to have had a reply

Seems they are desputing what courses i have guess the sales guy was in such a fluster to get my money he didnt enter it all in the system properly, they just need to listen to the tapes and they will see what he told me i had.

lets hope it was just a slight error and it can be resolved will add the outcome on here to how fairly they treat me

After all i called them for advice aswell as to book the courses and i acted on the advice the guy gave me.

Rob

Hi Apollo1979,

I'd like to help you, but we don't seem to have received your email. Please could you call me on 0800 316 8100 at your most convenient time and I will be happy to discuss the matter with you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Reply to OLCI...any advise plz in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock