Discuss olci training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

ang4567

Hello has anyone did any courses lately at any of the olci training facilities and are they any good seen lots of post about them on the forum but dont know how old they are cheers

Hello Ang. I’ve found OLCI facilities to be quite good overall, although only been to the Manchester centre so not sure about Newcastle. We always had plenty of tools and the setup was good, plenty of room for each person. Think Newcastle might be new – they didn’t have one there when I started, so would be in good nick Id have thought.

Yeah, iv'e just finished the olci course in newcastle. it was a slick op. i had a good small class size, nice people in the class and the teachers were helpfull. nuff said really. no complaints.

hi ang4567,iam studying at olci for the last year and half and i can tell you that i am having a hard time with them ,they only want your money my course cost is rising from 6000 to 7000 pounds because they seems to fail you at your last exams just to make money ,,no help from them no support ,,think twice before joining,,that is my advice to you

I am still studying at olci . Tutors are good and helpfull but student service is worst . They always make mistake , for example i had an exam this morning ( written exam ) but they gave me GOLA exam , second example : on december i had an exam i have still been wating result , another mistake that they sent me wrong exam result i had to make rebook for wrong part of unit . They sent me Task A refer task b pass but it should be opposite .

Hi joekass and xcsx,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see from your comments you have a few queries about your course and I would like to be of assistance. Please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively, you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

This is a public forum for people to air their opinions and views and share ideas and thoughts. Alana Fox - sometimes your posts are well received with the right intentions.

There is however a degree of decorum and privacy required for people posting in here. To highlight my point, I will refer to a recent post I made on this forum and the subsequent response I got from you to refer my matter to another person. I duly did believing my points were being dealt with privately and confidentially.

so, imagine my surprise when my points were relayed directly back to me in front of the entire group of students I was with at one of my last workshops. Luckily I'm not one to shirk from my own choice of words but a person of a lesser strong mind may have felt overwhelmed by the responsive conversation.

Poor student service, No confidentiality and definitely lacking in tact.

I have opinions, if I choose to air them I will, I will not be appeased by your half baked attempt at reconciliation, I have already aired my views in writing to the training company and I expect a response in writing. Instead I get a voicemail asking to call back, erm no, I don't think so.

The very least I expect is a written apology for being put in that position in the first place, something tells me not to hold my breath on that though.

Before you try and respond with the usual rhetoric about sending an email or phoning some random individual on your premium rate number again just stop and consider the actions your company has done through a public forum to a public humiliation. I will say this now, I do not want your rhetoric babble. I want and I expect a full apology in writing at the very least.

I will continue to post my points of view on here with impunity so long as the content is not in contravention of the forum rules, and remember again, this is a public forum. If your not sure what a forum is please feel free to check out the meaning in the dictionary, you might be surprised by the meaning.

Most disgusted

I'm new to this site and really glad I joined now. I'm currently trying to raise the money to qualify for electrical installations and was considering OLCI. Not sure now.
Can anyone suggest a company/course in the London/Kent region. Thanks

I'm new to this site and really glad I joined now. I'm currently trying to raise the money to qualify for electrical installations and was considering OLCI. Not sure now.
Can anyone suggest a company/course in the London/Kent region. Thanks
Hi mate, I don't know any companies in your direct area but I would HIGHLY recommend that you consider Tradeskills4u as an option for training. if you have read my previous post this might go a long way into pointing you in the RIGHT direction from the negative manner I personally have had to endure through the titled thread company. The website for Tradeskills4u is easy to find in a google search and their content looks great, it's a shame I live so far from their training centre as it was my number one choice but I had to consider the travelling and accommodation factor and stupidly chose the company nearer to me, I have to live with that unfortunately but you have the opportunity to not make the mistake me and several others have made by choosing the titled thread company. I wish you all the very best in your decision and career.

their courses are what you make of them in my opinion everyone has an opinion on these places but my experience was good with olci, cant speak for trade skills.

Go to a college.
I did my 2330 levels 2 and 3 with them sadly (ashamed to say). Won't use them again. They're just like the rest of the "training centres" - a bunch of salesmen. Course material out of date and incorrect in places. Only good bit was the practicals run by ex / current sparkies were alright.
Learnt my lesson. Next time going to find a college that allows people over 30.

i did have a couple of minor problems with the course info the call centre were happy enough to sort it for me though so it wasnt a big deal in the end.

Reply to olci training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock