Discuss Old 3 Phase Board in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

skiandy

Hi, what would you code this Distribution Boar? A picture should be attached. :rolleyes:

Andy

Attachments

• Old 3 Phase Board 20092008017-1 - EletriciansForums.net
    20092008017-1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 79
code 2
for the live side of fuse holder no haveing covers on some fuse ways

Sorry I should of discribed the installation better on my first post.

The pic isn't bad for a camera phone, we were just rather surprised when we opened the door. The pic is meant to be showing the missing epoxy that should be isolating the screws that hold the fuse wire. You can just see one exposed on the tip of the probe. :D The board is in a grinding/polishing workshop and the dust that is inside it is metallic so the whole thing isn't really suitable for its location. There is dust everwhere in the workshop we were plastered just trying to get to the equipment. :(

Have seen photos and read many reports about using meters being used for checking voltages with the wrong setting, e.g. amps or resistance setting when checking for voltage.

Thats a fair point - I've seen it too, but its possible to do that with any device. Even analouge meters have their shortcomings.

Have seen photos and read many reports about using meters being used for checking voltages with the wrong setting, e.g. amps or resistance setting when checking for voltage.

Photos are not very nice.
With the T5 pictured, that doesn't even matter. If you check volts on the ohms setting, for instance, the meter will just squeal at you. It's designed to be "self preserving", you might say.

On the other hand, here's a picture of the inside of a buddy's Fluke 87 that was accidentally used on 4160V. It didn't stand the test:

Old 3 Phase Board {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

With the T5 pictured, that doesn't even matter. If you check volts on the ohms setting, for instance, the meter will just squeal at you. It's designed to be "self preserving", you might say.

On the other hand, here's a picture of the inside of a buddy's Fluke 87 that was accidentally used on 4160V. It didn't stand the test:

Thats what I was talking about.

As BillR3 said ''I would use a GS38 approved voltage tester every time and a proving unit prior to testing as should everyone''

If you work on at a location like I do where you have a SAP and found you are not using a GS38 approved test lamp and proving unit, you would be of the site straight away.

If you work on at a location like I do where you have a SAP and found you are not using a GS38 approved test lamp and proving unit, you would be off the site straight away.
Well, he was only off the site for a short period of time. Long enough to wash the soot off his hands. The fellow was lucky. Pretty nice fireball. I'm not a palm reader, but I think his palm says, "You just used up one of your nine lives".

I use the good old Stienel Combi-check.

No its not approved.

No its not fused.

No I don't own a proving unit.

When on water board jobs, the only test unit that was allowed was a Martindale, the type with four neons.

Oddly enough I have a DB like that one to pull out this weekend.

Well, he was only off the site for a short period of time. Long enough to wash the soot off his hands. The fellow was lucky. Pretty nice fireball. I'm not a palm reader, but I think his palm says, "You just used up one of your nine lives".

Is that friction burns ?:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a martindale test lamp but dont have a proving unit, i think multi meters have to much to go wrong,and if i get blown up at least im using an approved test lamp!
maybee i should get a proving unit as well ,but im in the habbit of testing for live and then turning off

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Old 3 Phase Board in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock