Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Old Cable colours in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all
Any regs that allow use of old colour cable ie-- red and black if sleeved with new colours (brown blue)
Just found full drum of 10mm in back of my garage and be great if can use it and sleeve to new colours

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
no reason why not. ( or date the cert 2004 :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:)

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i once bought a 100m drum of 2.5mm in R/Bk from a car boot. ( c. 2011) for £10. soon got used.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cheers guys ill keep for future use

yous be able to wire a few 10.5kW showers at a competitive price.
Yes for sure

How much was a 50m drum of 10mm 15 years ago ? £40+vat ?

Must admit board change I did this week (another thread) I extended some 1.5 blacks using some new black from old stock. Made sense as much of the 80s wiring had blue line conductors.

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
I would have no hesitation whatsoever to use old colours:cool:

The only reason I would not do so is if the copper cores had oxidised,the insulation was somehow or other damaged or for some obscure reason I had run out of identification tape or letters

Having said that,I'm open to changing my opinion if I was provided with a justifiable reason(other than "they are not the current colours") :)

D

Deleted member 26818

With one exception, BS7671 allows us to use whatever colour we want, as long as we correctly identify at the terminations.
The exception is single core G/Y.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Old Cable colours in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom