• Please don't put your personal contact details in this area of the forum. These are public threads and everybody will see them. Including spammers. Even dodgy companies who cold call you. Instead of doing that, click on a persons username and click 'Start Conversation' and share those details between yourselves. :)

Discuss Old editions of BS 7671. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest123

Hi all.

I'm interested in obtaining any/all older versions of BS 7671. If you have or know of anyone that has any of the early versions then could you let me know please either by replying here or via PM.

I have included a list of titles and dates of publication.

Many thanks

Lenny.:)

History of the Wiring Regulations

1882 1st edition of the ‘Wiring Rules’ issued. Entitled ‘Rules and Regulations for the prevention of Fire Risks Arising from Electric Lighting’
1888 2nd edition
1897 3rd edition Entitled ‘General Rules recommended for Wiring for the Supply of Electrical Energy’
1903 4th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations, called ‘Wiring Rules’
1907 5th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
1911 6th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
1916 7th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
1924 8th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations ‘Regulations for the Electrical Equipment of Buildings’
1927 9th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
1934 10th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
1939 11th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations, Revised issue (1943), reprinted with minor amendments (1945), Supplement issued (1946),Revised Section (1948)
1950 12th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations launched, Supplement issued (1954)
1955 13th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations launched, Reprinted, 1958, 1961, 1962 and 1964
1966 14th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations published Reprinted, 1968, 1969, 1970 (in metric units), 1972, 1973, 1974 and 1976
1981 The 15th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations launched
1991 16th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations published (adopted as the BS in 1992) • Electricity at Work Regs. (Northern Ireland) come fully into being
2004 Part P of the Building Regulations becomes law • BS 7671:2001 Requirements for Electrical Installations (Incorporating Amendments No 1: 2002 and No 2: 2004), The IEE Wiring Regulations (Sixteenth Edition)
2007 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations is scheduled to be issued on January 1st 2008 and comes into effect 6 months later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ya Lenny

Not sure if this'll be any interest to you but I have a book "A guide to the 15th Edition" by JF Whitfeild you're more than welcome to it - it's not new condition but not bad considering.

I have copy of 14th in good condition, copy of 11th in OK condition, and several photocopies of 1st edition (A3).
Sadly I am in New Zealand.

Reply to Old editions of BS 7671. in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net