Discuss Old MK sockets? Classification code or not? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 4632

D0 these old style MK sockets require reporting in an inspection? C3?

mk_doublesocket_switch_2fix.jpg

Just found this image as an example, obviously if there was thermal damage or the socket was damaged itself then I would note it but just as itself wondered if they needed noting. No issue with exposed earth terminal?

no shutters would also be a C2 in my book, but i can't ever remember seeing a 1363 without shutters.

C2 like the other lads.
Plug tops are half insulated on the live and neutral pins nowadays but they are some still out there that are not.
Anyway doesn't change my opinion on the code.

That's what I had initially put on the report before I questioned it. C2 with a recommendation to replace.

That's what I had initially put on the report before I questioned it. C2 with a recommendation to replace.
Yes but why, I agree with Tel the one in your pic does show signs of overheating but if the others are okay I would say they are fine surely they have shutters.

Are you talking about the earth pin not being shuttered, that is not a problem as long as the other two are and I find it unlikely they are not.

Reply to Old MK sockets? Classification code or not? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys Completed an EICR yesterday. One of the Sockets Radials had no CPC so R1+R2 plus Zs could not be not be completed. Does anyone know the...
Replies
Views
Have been asked to do remedials on an EICR that was carried out a year or so ago by another electrician. Curious to know what code you would give...
Replies
Views
Wouldn't normally note this as an observation on a report but feel I need to. The way the building has been wired is all circuits on L1 have been...
Replies
Views
Looking for a metal pattress with screw fittings in the correct place for this old MK 2 gang socket. The existing pattress of the socket that I...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am a homeowner (but not an electrician) and I am renovating a house that has an old CU containing MCBs and an MK LN5725 residual...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock