Discuss old solar panel in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

jason5

-
Reaction score
hello! I have been given and old solar panel and I want to use it to charge up my leisure battery while I'm away in the van. I have no idea about what connections or cable I need for it. Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• old solar panel WP_20190629_19_49_10_Pro - EletriciansForums.net
    WP_20190629_19_49_10_Pro.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 32
  • old solar panel WP_20190629_19_49_03_Pro - EletriciansForums.net
    WP_20190629_19_49_03_Pro.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 33
+ is positive. - is negative. with the panel connected and in sunlight, you should read >12V on these 2 terminals.

thanks for the reply. I don't suppose you could tell me what I need to but to get it up and running? I was just given the solar panel nothing else. Sorry I have no idea about all this stuff

all you have shown is the base. is that on the back of the panel?

on the pic. you have terminals marked + and -. those are your output. there's a bit missing from the +.

basically, use antyhting that will fit.

Tel is right there is a socket connection missing for the + connection. You could probably adapt something to fit, but I would look on eblag for solar pv connector due to the amps that could go through it in full sun with a heavy load on. ( depending on how big it is and it's output)
You will probably need some cable and a charge controller as well to make it all work!

cheers for the reply! Ye I no there's a + socket connection missing can I not just buy one? If not how could I adapt something to fit? I have a charge controler on its way I bought it before I took the back off and realised one of the conections wasn't there! Any advice is good I'm new to all this solar business.

Reply to old solar panel in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock