Discuss Olympics are we at risk ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I work in East London and tell you it's chaos, bus lane changes, parking restrictions, and surface to air missiles on roofs ? As a lay person, what do you think would happen if you shot a plane down over London ? If they shot a plane down it would wipe half the square mile out.
J

Are we at risk?
No, the Govt love drumming up the fear of Allah in the population.

Chaos?
Yes. My mate is courier down there and he's offering hotel & all food & drink expenses paid for in Budapest, he's so desperate to get out while limpics are on.

Damage?
Check out Lockerbie.

The biggest danger is probably a lone bomber suicide style in a crowded place.

What the risks of this happening are is anybodies guess but the organisation of the courtesy staff sounds like a real shambles at the moment.

A terrorist attack would destroy the games and our reputation as a secure country along with it, it's a big target for Islamic extremists, the best target in the world at the moment.

No matter how serious the outcome looks, I can't see anyone giving the order to shoot something down over any City.

I doubt that the U.S would have given the order to fire on the second plane, even if they'd have had a S.A.M within reach of the Twiin Towers .

It's all there as a deterent.

ive got a mate who owns a security firm, he was aproached to tender for supplying security for some aspects of the olimpcs, he didnt go into detail but, turned it down flat.
said it was too risky, too many sub cont security firms, to short a time to organise, etc.
he also would put money on something happening.

I think a 'Mumbai' type attack is likely, only last week suspects were apprehended on the M1 OK they were going to spray some bigots, but none the less the availability of small arms is frightning..
J
Caught

I was contacted by G4S a few months ago and offered a job as a team leader, they were told in no uncertain terms to ram it. How could they offer me a team leaders job without even interviewing me?

Having worked by private security companies before it was glaringly obvious they would fail from the start.

Are we at risk? undoubtedly
Are we at any further risk because of the olympics? Of course
Are we at risk every day using public transport, going to football matches, concerts etc? Of course we are
However, by living in fear we are allowing the lunatic fringe to win. Just go about your normal life as you do

Are we at risk? undoubtedly
Are we at any further risk because of the olympics? Of course
Are we at risk every day using public transport, going to football matches, concerts etc? Of course we are
However, by living in fear we are allowing the lunatic fringe to win. Just go about your normal life as you do

ok but if i die from a nail bomb related injury i shal hold you resposible

Terror suspects on the Home Office watch list are entering the UK in the runup to the Olympics without the necessary security checks, according to frontline officials at Heathrow.

One senior border officer told the Observer that inexperienced new recruits, deployed to shorten queues after complaints over lengthy waiting times, are repeatedly "missing" passengers of interest who should be referred to counterterrorism officers when they reach passport control

New security fears as Heathrow checks miss terror suspects | UK news | The Observer

It doesn't sound good.

relax...... uncle dave has bailed the games out by extending the redundancy date to thousands of servicemen and women.

after the games they can all apply for jobs with G4S with relevant experience in security!!!!

The military would not shoot a plane down over London,too much damage !seen the video of the G4S guards in london,and this is not a racist remark but most of them were coloured,which is worrying as I have known many security companies employ Nigerian or Somali,s who have not been in uk long enough to speak decent english let alone secure an event on that scale.

Don't take that as racsist at all an honest observation I work that patch so I know the score, I don't quite see the justification for their colour being a barrier to good English, but I accept your personal experience might colour your view (Yes that was a joke lol).
My own personal experience tells me that half of the white kids I come across can't string a sentence together without a frequent interspersion of "Innit" half the White kids I come in contact with speak with a Caribbean rasta accent, if I got a globe out they wouldn't even be able to point out the Caribbean .
J

I travel back and forth to Oz now and again, you always feel at risk but can't afford to do things differently or I would never go out!!!

Well the stadiums were built by cheap foreign labour and now we have Somalis and Nigerians working as security.

What a complete joke this country has become, it's almost as if there was a deliberate plan to undermine the native workforce in every way possible.

Living north of the Watford game i feel pretty safe.....considering anything to do with the Olympics doesn't effect us either good or bad (apart from the torch relay of course).

Do feel it's gonna be more than abit iffy around London though.

Reply to Olympics are we at risk ? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock