Discuss One for our EV experts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Eventually getting round to organising the aviemore ev install. Same customer, same make of EV charger (hypervolt) so can be on same app… (no internet at aviemore where it’s going, but that’s another problem)

The customer (FIL) is now wanting a switch in the shed to completely isolate the charger while no one is there… (holiday lodge, empty majority of time)
Is there going to be an issue having the charge point turned off all the time? Powering on every time will no doubt reset anything inside…
Not withstanding, there will be no communication with the unit when away from it if there’s no power…. Even if it did have internet access.
Rotary isolator with padlock hole would be sufficient there.

Is going to be a mini road trip. Shooting up to Aberdeen to move student daughter out her flat… that’s her finished now…. Furniture, bags, suitcases, her bike! Then over to aviemore all in a day. I’m not leaving my van unattended overnight in tilliedrone for any reason!

Then 3 hours to aviemore, stay the night there… get the job done next day and hope I don’t need any materials as closest wholesalers is Inverness!

Here's me double thinking myself again...

Ive got all the materials in the van ready for "Highland Road Trip 2023"
The cutout and meter are outside, screwed to the back of the timber clad lodge, in its own little cabinet with a felt roof, and tails fed through the wall into the CU inside.

I was going to cut the tails, add a couple of Henleys and fit one of those EV consumer units with rcd and spd. A Fusebox one.
Im wondering now if i should of got an IP rated box, as its only in a wooden cabinet... not entirely waterproof (although should be)
Could i use an "anymake" IP enclosure and move all the Fusebox devices from the metal enclosure into the IP rated one.... Not really mixing manufacturers devices.

Reply to One for our EV experts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net