Discuss one for the Megger men and women in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Megger MFT1730 OnSite Multifunction Tester

The new top of the range Megger MFT1730 Multifunction Tester with On Site software for all 17th Edition and Part P testing applications on electrical installations. The Megger MFT 1730 is a great electrical installation tester for electricians who want to test, certify or fault find on domestic and commercial properties. Tests included are supply measurement, continuity, insulation (including a 1kV insulation test), Zmax and R1+R2 loop testing and 10mA, 1A and auto RCD testing with an additional leakage current measurement option available. In addition to this already comprehensive range of 17th Edition tests the Megger 1730 is also capable of True RMS AC and DC supply measurements, an extra 100V insulation test, 2 and 3 pole earth spike resistance testing and type 'B' RCD tests. An on-board memory is provided with this top of the range MFT1700 model with a Bluetooth download capacity. The MFT1730 multi-function tester has been designed to continue working when connected across phases, when connected to a live circuit and when the incorrect range is selected making this one of the most reliable testers on the market.

Megger MFT1730 Electrical Tester features
► 2-wire no-trip & high current loop testing
► Auto-start tests on continuity and loop resistance – no need to push the button
► Dual display shows loop resistance and fault current results simultaneously
► Dual test buttons for left or right-handed operation
► Polarity test
► RCD ramp test
► Adjustable insulation alarms
► Phase to phase loop test
► RCD auto test & programmable tripping current level
► 3 phase RCD test
► 3 wire earth resistance test
► Phase rotation test
► Memory storage of up to 1000 measurements
► Bluetooth interface
► Remote switch probe included
► Rechargeable batteries
► Weatherproof to IP54
► Input protection against accidental connection to live circuits
► CAT IV 300V safety standard

The MFT 1730 has a balanced neckstrap for hands-free operation with a TEST button on both ends of the tester for either left or right-handed testing. The large character dual display with backlight allows for two parameters to be shown at one time and colour coded range selection dials make this an intuitive and straightforward multifunction tester to use. The rugged design and IP54 rated rubber moulding of the MFT1730 allow the instrument to withstand tough conditions and heavy handed treatment. Together with a CAT IV 300V safety rating the Megger 1730 is a 17th Edition tester designed to be a long lasting and worthwhile investment. The carry case for this new Megger 17th Edition tester ensures the safe transportation of the instrument when travelling between tests and has extra space for the storage of tools, test leads and a certificate pad.

Megger Powersuite On Site Software - "The electrician's software"
The Megger MFT1730 On-site is an amazing new pairing of a superb Megger 17th Edition test instrument and an electricians software package that allows you to do your testing and download your certificate via Bluetooth technology on-site. The Electrical Installation Certification Software, PowerSuite On-site, can be run on mobile devices such as PDA's (with Windows Mobile 5 OS or above) or laptop. Once paired with the Megger MFT 1730 tester, and the circuit number entered, the meter will send the test result to the correct field in the certificate. Your device will acknowledge receipt of the result and allow you to check that it has dropped in to the right field. It is truly remarkable and more importantly it saves errors in reading the test results, writing them down, in transcribing to the certificates. Not only does it prevent error, it saves huge amounts of time and money. A company logo is also support.

► Bluetooth results capture
► Send results from your MFT1730 multifunction tester direct to the correct location on the certificate
► Complete certificates available on supported mobile devices, as well as laptops and PCs
► Reduce error & Increase productivity
► Saves you hours of form filling
► Produces certificates compliant with ECA, IEE, NICEIC, Elecsa and Select

Looking forward to getting hold of one of the 1730's hopefully before the end of Feb.

The review will be posted once i have it all tried out and tested.

Sintra is probably one of the few on here that could actually get the damn thing to work!!, i have enough trouble with my 1653!

Gotta say i do like the 1553 but am up for a new challenge.

Gotta say i do like the 1553 but am up for a new challenge.

talking of challenges :D that metrel i have is great but wow i needed a course with it :) there are that many functions i thought i was off to mars with mission control

talking of challenges :D that metrel i have is great but wow i needed a course with it :) there are that many functions i thought i was off to mars with mission control

We used to use the metrel, alphatek stuff and i loved it cause it was complicated but then the boss's changed to megger as they get a good deal for bulk purchases.

From what i have heard there are 5 of the new 1730's ordered to get a feel for them.

Last edited:
nice one. i have the mi3101 took a bit of getting used to but simple enough when you get your head round it to be fair some good features on it

The last ones we had were the instaltest 61557 good bit of kit except i was always having to replace the leads for some strange reason.

touch wood no issues so far with the leads. the lad i sold my old metrel too had an issue after it had been on the helli over to an island. metrel took it in a year after the g/tee had run out and sorted it foc, can`t ask for more than that he was well chuffed.

touch wood no issues so far with the leads. the lad i sold my old metrel too had an issue after it had been on the helli over to an island. metrel took it in a year after the g/tee had run out and sorted it foc, can`t ask for more than that he was well chuffed.

TBH mate their customer service is excellent we had many a chargeable repair carried out foc. Guy called malcolm was a director top bloke and very approachable sorted us out well many a time.

Last edited:
Sintra is this a Cross between 1552 – 1553 Megger . A New Beast all together . Megger MFT1730 .
( Are you doing any Raffles on this One Yet Phil ) being a Scotsman I though I would Ask ???????

Sintra . will we be getting a Good deal on this One .Test-Meter. co etc . for the Forum . ?

Sintra is this a Cross between 1552 – 1553 Megger . A New Beast all together . Megger MFT1730 .
( Are you doing any Raffles on this One Yet Phil ) being a Scotsman I though I would Ask ???????

Sintra . will we be getting a Good deal on this One .Test-Meter. co etc . for the Forum . ?

should be the usual 5% off i think on the normal ef offer for us.

Reply to one for the Megger men and women in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock