Discuss One main electrical feed and two separate meters in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All and thank you for allowing me to join the forum.
I am hoping that someone can help. I refurbish property but have never had to deal with this situation before.
I have bought a house that was converted to 2 flats and I am now putting it back to one dwelling.
It has one main electric feed into the property and 2 electric meters, one for each flat. I want to get rid of one meter and have one meter supply to the whole house. I have had conflicting advice from my supplier, E on as to how to go about it. I am rewiring as part of a refurbishment too but need this sorted first.
Eon say I should contact my distributor, Electric North West, and get them to disconnect the supply; then get my electrician to reconfigure the meters into one, then Eon will remove the spare meter. The adviser had to go away twice to speak with his supervisor and advice changed when I asked for clarification.
I don't want to involve DNO if at all possible as I have read so many nightmare stories about the cost and hassle involved. I understand from their website that Eon will fit isolator switches for free.

Am I correct in thinking that if isolator switches are fitted my electrician can reconfigure the meters as long as he has the go ahead from Eon?
Any advice more than welcome. Merry Christmas to you all.

19AF3EF9-7A69-4D50-BE17-59DD692EFCEF.jpeg
2738002C-03C9-4914-AF68-24004FBC45F7.jpeg
B7F81938-0AF0-408E-9851-BE52FC519E41.jpeg
yes, but they're not that clear. I can get more after Christmas. I’ll attach them anyway and see how they come out. Thank you.

21DEB8F9-B94E-4C7E-B63C-07E18CFCD79A.jpeg

Take photographs of the existing setup including the meters.
Take photographs of the individual meters showing the serial number, usuage reading and if visible the Mpan number for each meter.

When it's all finished take a photograph of the new setup including meter and serial number etc, whether new or one of the originals.
Make sure whoever removes and takes away the meter (s) leave a receipt showing the readings and meter serial numbers

Why you ask, because over the next year or so you will be arguing with whoever is the supplier about the fact there is only one meter.
They'll insist there's 2 and neither serial number will match the one that's in.

Hi and Welcome
You've got 2 meters and so 2 accounts and 2 bills. Possibly with 2 different suppliers. Pick one meter that you don't want, contact the guys that send you that bill and have them close the account. They should sent a person out to disconnect the meter and take it away. And give you a final bill. But I might've misunderstood as it's been cocktail night here o_O

Yes, we get two bills from different suppliers, Eon and EDF and two standing charges to pay as long as we have two meters. At the end of December Eon will take over the EDF account and after that we need to get shot of one meter.

Reply to One main electrical feed and two separate meters in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net