Discuss One more to go! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

Cirrus

Well, just completed my written exam 303 fault diagnosis. Seemed to go well and is a weight off my shoulders. Just got my 301 in 3 weeks and that's it (until 17h edition a week later and 2391 in August). So close now I can smell the money;)

Do you know what version of the paper you sat? I beleive City an Guilds submit versions A,B,C,D,E and F and then its down to the college to chose which its students sits.

Well, just completed my written exam 303 fault diagnosis. Seemed to go well and is a weight off my shoulders. Just got my 301 in 3 weeks and that's it (until 17h edition a week later and 2391 in August). So close now I can smell the money;)

not to dampen your hopes but you do need lvl 3 2330 to do 2391 or is it different for your college?

I am doing level 3 Danzor! Spent 3 bloody years at college!!

Do you still need to know some formulas ?,im sorry but i havnt got round to doing it yet ,i was looking at the books and got very confused about which ones you would need , i suspect its the new ones mainly, which im not very conversent with ,im ploding on though and will post them up as i find them ,but its a bit involved ,so if anyone else has anything which might be usefull ,please post away ,many hands make light work and all that ,
have fun:)

not to dampen your hopes but you do need lvl 3 2330 to do 2391 or is it different for your college?

That may be the case if at college now but only did my 2391 3 years ago and I had C & G 'B' certificate.

God those where the days back in the seventies alot cheaper to live as well and not have the a***holes then as you have now robbing blind with taxes etc

Do you still need to know some formulas ?,im sorry but i havnt got round to doing it yet ,i was looking at the books and got very confused about which ones you would need , i suspect its the new ones mainly, which im not very conversent with ,im ploding on though and will post them up as i find them ,but its a bit involved ,so if anyone else has anything which might be usefull ,please post away ,many hands make light work and all that ,
have fun:)

Cheers Rum, anyone with any help would be useful.

16 questions on the underpinning knowledge. On my paper only 2 or 3 were about fault diagnosis. The rest were pertinent but stuff like draw a three phase 4 wire distribution system etc

FOUND THESE QUESTIONS, THE SUGGESTION IS THERE FROM THIS YEARS 301 QUESTION BANK..HAVE N'T GOT THE ANSWERS, MOST ARE OBVIOUS, SOME ARE JUST DAMN AMBIGUOUS, TYPICAL C&G, SE WHAT YA THINK

1.If a transistor is in saturated common emitter configuration, the transistor would be acting as:

a. a closed switch
b. an open switch
c. an amplifier
d. a speed controller

2.In group problem solving, what part would they be at where they decide which decisions they are going to use?

a. Storming
b. Norming
c. Performing
d. Forming

3.Where high voltage is being used in a factory, it should be:

a. Outside the working area
b. Incased in a concrete building
c. Suitably enclosed with warning signs
d. Outside the building

4.Where the wiring of a motor is through flexible conduit connected to earthed trunking, the earth connection to the motor:

a. Should be via the flexible conduit
b. Should be by a separate cable within the flexible conduit
c. Should be connected to a bolt on the motor
d. Should be connected to the earth terminal

5.If a design required that a speed of approximately 730rpm was needed to drive a piece of equipment, what type of motor would be required?

a. 2 pole
b. 4 pole
c. 8 pole
d. 12 pole

6.A sign with a white symbol on a blue background is:

a. Warning sign
b. Prohibition sign
c. Mandatory sign
d. Information sign

7.A worker who has been electrocuted is found to have a pulse but is not breathing, you should:

a. Call the first aid room for help
b. Give mouth to mouth resuscitation and get help
c. Phone for the emergency services
d. Start compressions to the chest

8.A 2Kw heater is connected to a 230v supply, the resistance in ohms of the heater is:

a. 0.115 ohms
b. 115.0 ohms
c. 26.45 ohms
d. 264.45 ohms

9.Whilst working below ground level, there is a possibility of a gas heavier than air present, the following PPE must be used:

a. A face mask
b. Hard hat and goggles
c. A respirator
d. A harness

10.What type of fire extinguisher must not be used on an electrical fire?

a. Dry powder
b. Carbon dioxide
c. Foam
d. Water

11.A type of capacitor that has rolled sheets of thin aluminium around a core is known as:

a. An electrolytic capacitor
b. A polycarbonate capacitor
c. A ceramic capacitor
d. An air gap capacitor

12.When a fire drill has been organised and the alarms sound, you should:

a. Check with your supervisor that it is a drill and continue work
b. Ignore it
c. Stand by the fire extinguishers
d. Evacuate to the designated assembly area.

13.An AC circuit has an inductive reactance of 13Ω, a capacitive reactance of 23Ω and a resistance of 18Ω calculate the impedance of the circuit.

a. 424Ω
b. 4.97Ω
c. 20.59Ω
d. 1.6KΩ

17. An AC circuit of voltage 230v at 50Hz and has an inductance of 0.1H and a resistance of 28Ω, calculate the total power in the circuit.

a. 928w
b. 1.25Kw
c. 1.89Kw
d. 0w

14.An RCBO works on the following characteristics:

a. Magnetic only
b. Thermal and mechanical
c. Mechanical and magnetic
d. Thermal and magnetic

15.When a diode is connected across an AC supply having a peak value of 5v, the peak inverse voltage across the diode is:

a. 0.7v
b. 5v
c. 7.07v
d. 10v

16.The Aims of the Disability Discrimination Act is to give disabled people rights in terms of:

a. The right to more breaks at work
b. Replacing the amount of disabled people in society
c. Employment and access to goods and facilities
d. Lowering the entrance skills necessary for employment

17.Permits to work are issued by:

a. A health and safety officer
b. The person in charge
c. A designated responsible person
d. A competent person or persons

Reply to One more to go! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock