Discuss one way switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, need a bit of advice please, I am extending an outside light which is currently operated from a fused switch, the wires can be extended to the new switch easily enough but i am confused about connecting the switch, I have a one/two way switch as pictured

images

and I have twin and earth to the existing fused switch (which is in a stupid place) and a twin and earth to the outside light, how do I connect my existing cable to the switch ?

telectrix

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Lin to com. Lout to L1. Nin and Nout in a connector but not connected to switch. earths to back box and if faceplate is metal, earthto that also.

robd

robd

-
Arms
Reaction score
One side in common one side in L1 or L2 and the switch just breaks or makes the contact to take the live on to the light. Don't switch the earth and join the neutrals together in an insulated connector block

Reply to one way switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical News from Electricians Forums and Friends

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.